[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pls help autist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 400x1049) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 400x1049
Hey /adv/ I've posted here recently, basically I'm a bit of an airhead cellist. I play cello. All day. Its all I do. I used to spend my time playing video games but now all I do is play cello. I've gained weight from sitting down and playing so much because I eat too much (it takes some energy to do that all day, especially since the movement involves the use of the elbow not wrist, and one must sit upright so my abdomen and back are typically flexed).

Is there a way I can make money by doing this? I have crippling anxiety and take meds but sometimes its not enough. I just got a part time sales job and my parents are pushing me to go back to Uni this fall. I'm just scared and alone.

I don't know anything about the modern music industry, I just learned how to play and played away, my favorite being Bach Suites since I like to challenge myself by playing via memory. Hard, but I'm learning. One day I hope to do what Yo Yo Ma did, suites 1-3 small adjustment because different key to play in then suites 4-6.

TLDR how to make money by playing cello, enough to live by?
>>
>>16907955 you wont ever be like yoyo ma if u continue to post on 4chan. Go to music conservatory and try to go big and join an orchestra. That's all I say. Bai.
>>
>>16907955
>TLDR how to make money by playing cello, enough to live by?
Be versatile. You likely won't get a job playing all of what you want, so you need to be able to play whatever is given to you. Audition for local symphonies, find groups looking for cellists, weddings, churches, studios, etc. you'll find lot's of shit.
>>
>>16907955
I write music for string quartets. Not now, but I'll be wanting to contract musicians in the future to record my music. There are people like me out there.

Well, I don't have work for you right now, but I'm inclined to contact you anyway, just one of those intuition things. If you want to shoot the shit, hit me up:
[email protected]
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.