[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel really useless, I'm lonely and I want a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_ndjwad45gc1taeqnfo1_500.gif (974 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ndjwad45gc1taeqnfo1_500.gif
974 KB, 500x281
I feel really useless, I'm lonely and I want a relationship but every time I think about it I just get depressed because I don't see what I can offer to anyone. I'm a poor student, I don't have a steady income, I either study (even then I feel like I'm pretty dumb) or play videogames or draw/paint all day. I feel really fucking useless... like how would I even take a girl to a date if I can't fucking afford shit? How am I going to make her interested in me when there is nothing interesting about me and I'm shit at everything I do? How do I keep up a conversation when I have nothing to say?
>>
>>16907688

You do realize that generally people who have relationships in college are:

a). From rich families.
b). Good looking
c). Party kids.
d). Some combination of the above.

Your logic isn't incorrect.
>>
>>16907717

you forgot the first thing..

e) people who love each other
>>
>>16907688
>>16907717
What he said OP, do you want a gf or a hookup cause that's what college is for. Almost nobody comes out with a real girlfriend
>>
write down why u feel ugly bcuz this is too vague.. or get ugly gf and appreciate personality
>>
Toradora is actually part of what inspired me to stop being a lazy, chubby piece of shit and work on my health and social skills lol. I don't watch much anime but that's my favorite show of all time.

Seriously man just work on yourself, be positive and outgoing, and if you meet someone you really click with, be honest and talk to them and don't self deprecate. Talk about your art, ask them what they like to do, etc. Get lunch or just hang out.

It's corny but every time I'm about to do something that makes me scared or nervous I just think of this line:

"you miss every shot you don't take."
>>
>>16907781
Aaaaah I guess you're right. I don't even know m8. I can't wait for the winter to completely gtfo already so I can start running again.
>>
>>16907861
I totally understand man, but waiting around and procrastinating only makes things worse. Even if you're just needing to pick up a small job for some extra funds or just watching your health better, every little bit counts. And you don't necessarily need a lot of money to take a girl on a date. I worked up the courage to ask my 10/10 dream girl on a date and we ended up just getting starbucks and watching the sunset together, it cost like 20$ total with gas and everything. As long as you're confident and have some kind of passion, you don't need a lot of money to impress people. One of my best friends literally has like $50 to his name and he has been in a relationship for a few months now.
>>
>>16907717
You forgot:
f) Have a personality

No everybody is as shallow as people on 4chan.
>>
>>16908130

>personality

Good luck defining that.
>>
>>16908137
its largely personal, its not too hard to define
>>
>>16908141

I generally find "personality" to be a catchphrase for "I like you for your dick and career potential, but I don't want to seem shallow."
>>
>>16908155
No...

personality is like, is she the loyal type, is she motherly, is she shy or whatever.

You sound very shallow btw.
>>
>>16908191

Loyalty is a very specific trait. "Shy" is something faggots go for in hopes that the person will understand their social skills. I don't know what the fuck "motherly" means besides "too stupid and ugly to do anything else."
>>
>>16908201

Those are called "personality traits"

These traits blended together with their mannerisms, habits, perceptions makes up a personality.

Guy may have a big dick and a good job but he could be rotten and retarded inside.
>>
>>16908207

Why don't you just define them? Mannerisms are mannerisms - they are either endearing or awkward. Habits aren't personality, they are fucking habits, it's something a person has been conditioned to do. "Perception" is a world view, e.g. an understanding of something or an incorrect bias.

Again, "personality" is some vague magical term that doesn't mean shit on its own.
>>
>>16908137
You know, personality, those collections of things that make you approachable and be fun or pleasant to be around. Rather than the robotic stoicism that most of us have, making for awkward silences when talking to other people except other autistic fucks.
>>
>>16908218
Not that guy, but I think he nailed it with "these traits blended together with their mannerisms[…]".

I guess what people mean when they use the magical word "personality" is: "there's not just physical attraction at play, here, people have many traits and if you consider a bunch of them, that 7/10 girl might behave the way you want your wife to" or something along those lines.

OP, for example, claims he doesn't have much to offer to other people, but he has his own principles, morals, behavior.

Go on a date with a girl and talk to her about whatever. Help a stranger in a way, be kind, be fierce, whatever goes, in front of her and you are showing her "some of your personality". The opportunity to do so has to come, of course, you'll have to be lucky.
>>
>>16908218

>"personality" is some vague magical term that doesn't mean shit on its own.

Well no shit.

Here's a definition:
>the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual's distinctive character.
>>
File: 1445740216142.jpg (79 KB, 1000x1389) Image search: [Google]
1445740216142.jpg
79 KB, 1000x1389
>>16908233

Those "awkward silences" aren't a result of a "personality". They are the result of:

1. Not having anything to say on the topic because you aren't well-versed on any topic.
2. Have some sort of imagined or actual flaw in delivery - excess nervousness, stuttering, inability to keep eye contact, etc.
3. Lack of experience relating to the conversation level of the person and modulating depth of discussion to suit their ability to comprehend and interest level.

>>16908237

The "non-physical" attraction traits can be broken down meaningfully. When this is done, they are more manageable, as opposed to people deciding "My personality is just that way".
>>
>>16908239

That definition doesn't mean anything to me. All it says is "that person has some good/bad qualities."
>>
>>16908253
Essentially yes.
Those qualities make up the personality.

Good or Bad, that's you preference. Some dudes like lazy chicks, some don't etc etc..
>>
>>16907688
Keeping up a conversation os hard, I know. People love to talk about themselves, most of the time, however, so if you're subtle about asking questions you could pull it off for an hour or so. Use that time to make up an excuse to leave and you'll have had a 1h conversation with a girl who talked about herself a lot.

You can also mention you're out of things to say, if you're desperate. Here's an example:

>Hello, femanon
>hi
-- It's morning --
>how are you feeling today? What did you have for breakfast?
>I'm good, I had cereal
>I made myself a sandwich/I didn't have time to eat anything
>I see
>so what are your plans for the day? Wanna grab a drink?
-- It's afternoon --
>I had X for lunch at Y's, it was pretty good, have you tried it?
>I have/have not, *some opinion*
>really? What do you think of it?
-- It's night --
>How was your day?
>it was good(considering she doesn't say much)
>that's not saying much, did you not have fun?

Just remember to try using what she said as topic for a minute or two and exchange opinions in a fun way. Make her laugh, if you can.
>>
>>16908266
Bro I am sorry to tell you this but that chick does not want to talk to you lol

That is the most dismissive conversation I've ever heard
>>
>>16908248
>1. Not having anything to say on the topic because you aren't well-versed on any topic.
>2. Have some sort of imagined or actual flaw in delivery - excess nervousness, stuttering, inability to keep eye contact, etc.
>3. Lack of experience relating to the conversation level of the person and modulating depth of discussion to suit their ability to comprehend and interest level.

Yeah, that's sort of what I meant.
>>
>>16908266
>1 hour single-sided conversations

I don't see people do this bar those pricks that like to talk about themselves.
>>
File: image_0.gif (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image_0.gif
2 MB, 720x405
>>16908271
It was a made up example, but damn, I got some responses like those quite a few times while talking to my crush.

The truth hurts.
>>
You are boring. Just sit there and cry. I'll be thankful that I am self-effecient.
>>
File: qt.jpg (104 KB, 544x539) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
104 KB, 544x539
>>16908340
It's ok man, happens to the best of us. I usually try to ignore her for a bit and see what happens, if she messages you first, she's interested, even if at least a little bit. If you have to start the conversation every single time, she's probably not into you.

>tfw woke up to 5 snapchats from my crush this morning

Feels good man.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.