[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Samsung Note 3 Technical Issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1456551646257.png (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456551646257.png
84 KB, 500x500
Tech issue here :/
Recently bought a Samsung Note 3, refurbished, from Amazon.
Turns out this is the demo/sale floor model they would have at stores when it was new.
I don't mind, but this damn demo mode will not go away.
Im thinking of rooting it,but im wondering if that will affect my ability to get service.
What should i do?
>>
Well Googling "note 3 demo mode" gave me a ton of results which seem applicable. I'd suggest using those.

Rooting may affect your ability to get repair service (unless you can "un-root" first) but it will have no impact on your ability to get cellular signal service (unless you're intentionally stupid and flash the wrong frequency band settings onto it).
>>
Demo models are dummies with a preprogrammed set of options and a screen its a fake phone there isnt a gps a antenna or micro sd card. Its litterally a demonstation of how colorful the screen is and about how it feels in your hand.
>>
>>16907525
>
are you sure? i was using it earlier just fine, and on my wifi i managed to use the GPS to get directions.
If so, was i jipped? I got a "refurbished" model off of Amazon.
>>
>>16907547
He might be sure, but he's also wrong about the device you have. Ignore him.
>>
File: here do this for the phone.png (28 KB, 1263x430) Image search: [Google]
here do this for the phone.png
28 KB, 1263x430
>>16907557
Alright
Really, the main issues im having is this VZW app and whatever keeps adding back the fake contacts and messages.
Monday ill be ready to root it, i guess ill just have to wait til then and this, potentially.
Do you think i should go through with this?
>>
>root phone
>install custom recovery
>flash factory ROM (or a custom ROM, whatever you want to do)
>????
>profit

Also don't buy refurbished phones. Something usually goes wrong with them down the line
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.