[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am an American girl with a German online friend. A while ago,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: pillowcase.jpg (434 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
pillowcase.jpg
434 KB, 600x900
I am an American girl with a German online friend. A while ago, I told him that I will stop studying German as I have no time for that and I have more important things to do. He suddenly said that he has been sad lately. When I asked him why, he just said that he doesn't feel like he is loved and when I asked him why is that he said he doesn't know. Is he upset about me not taking German?
>>
Possibly?

If he doesn't know so why bother?
>>
>>16907253
>he doesn't know
What do you mean? He doesn't know what?
>>
>>16907258

>when I asked him why is that he said he doesn't know.
>>
>>16907263
Oh I see.
I think what he said was kind of strange.
>>
>>16907248
He is in love with you and he felt rejected.
>>
>>16907267
Yes

there's a billion possibilites why he feels that way, he can't even identify it.

You can be there for him, but only he can solve that problem
>>
Ask him not us. I don't think that's the problem. But it might make him open up, if you want him to.
>>
Discuss it with him?
Jump to "guesses" but don't hold conviction with him, and have him explain that facet.
For instance,
"Do you think it's because I stopped taking German?"
"I don't know... It might be..."
"If I started taking German again, would it make you happy?"
"No, because I know that you don't want to"
"Well what if I wanted to?"
"It wouldn't make me happy, it might just make things more convenient..."

If they're being closed doors about it, they have some hard judgements they don't really wanna place a lot of conviction on. You want them to justify that they're not being harsh, but working your way around the issue and clearly labelling your intentions until you get to the heart of it.

Which, invariably, may be "Yes, I'm upset that you're not learning German"
But it's not quite black and white as that. It's not so much that he wants to FORCE YOU to learn German, but that you stopped going down a path that would make you two connect more easily.
I would feel kind of betrayed.
>>
>>16907280
>He is in love with you
...what?
>>16907282
Ok
>>16907288
Well I really want to study French instead as I am offered a scholarship to travel to France as an exchange student.
>>
>>16907321
Meet in France? Surely that would cheer him up some. Always fun to meet an online friend irl. In my experience anyway.
>>
>>16907329
The trip to France is only two weeks long. He said it is a shame he can't meet me as it is too far away from his hometown. My college is not offering any subsidised trips to Germany this year unfortunately.
Before saying that I will stop studying German, I pointed out that I will have no one to speak German to if I lose contact with him and I said that this may inevitably happen.
>>
>>16907288
I asked him why as to why he doesn't feel love again just now and he said he doesn't know exactly how to say it.
>>
Have you ever considered the thought that he may somehow be interested in you?
>>
>>16910454
>he may somehow be interested in you?
Not really. We don't live in the same country. What makes you think that?
How can I know that btw? I mean, nobody explicitly asks if X is interested in them. That is awkward as fuck.
>>
>>16910459
The way you think and the words you say could always infatuate a male over just pictures of yourself and listening to your voice. He just wants to feel like some part of him is somewhat important to you as well as any regular friend.
>>
>>16910464
Well this can apply to any guy I come across...
I don't know if he has feelings for me. It's a bit hard to know without asking it explicitly. I asked him if he was sad because he doesn't feel loved by his family and he said no.
>He just wants to feel like some part of him is somewhat important to you
I'm learning the lingua france of several European countries, not a language just spoken by him
>>
>>16907282
>>16907248
Everyone knows he's acting like a little bitch with the "I don't know" thing.
It's clearly because you stopped learning German.
The dude in his head is probably already sure he's going to marry you etc
>>
>>16910495
What makes you think that? We don't live in the same country and I don't think it is possible to have a crush on someone whom you've never met with irl.
>>
>>16907248
Direct him to here and we can give him advice.
>>
>>16910502
No way wtf. I don't want him to know I shitpostted about him on 4chan.
>>
>>16910506
I don't mean right now you, next time you speak to him and he say "nobody loves me" tell him to come here for help.
>>
>>16910510
Ok I guess
And you guys really think he is saying that because he has feelings for me.
>>
>>16910518
No.
He could be saying it for any reason, just send him too us and will help him with it.
>>
>>16910522
/thread
>>
ask him not us
>>
>>16910495

Sure that's one way to look at it.

It's Nothing definitive though, just speculations.
>>
>>16910938
This
Nobody knows except him himself
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.