[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what I am supposed to do. I recently got out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ciprofloxacin.jpg (26 KB, 685x440) Image search: [Google]
ciprofloxacin.jpg
26 KB, 685x440
I don't know what I am supposed to do. I recently got out of a 5 year relationship and it was her that did the deed. It was completely out of no where. The thing is that I don't really feel anything about it. I just feel like something is missing. I don't feel sad. I am not mad. I just have this empty feeling inside. I have been taking citalopram for about 4 months now and I know it dulls all of my emotions. How do I fix this empty feeling? Should I get a new girlfriend? Should I just wait and stay single for a while? I don't know what I want.
>>
>>16907247

Try stopping the drugs to let yourself feel the emotions?

Achieve some sort of spiritual catharsis somehow

Emptiness is not bad, it is the nature of things.

> I don't know what I want

So do nothing. Acting without nothing your clear intention can lead you to dangerous paths.
>>
>>16907259
That isn't an option. I tried slowly coming off and it threw me into a deep depression with anxiety which is the reason I started taking anti depressants a long time ago.
>>
>>16907278

Dont want to go against your doctor's orders.

But yeah, why are you wondering why you feel empty when you have no emotions?
>>
>>16907247

If you still feel sad, getting a new gf (a rebound) isn't going to make those feelings go away. You need to let time heal some wounds first and then jump into the chase.

Don't sit around and feel sorry, use this time to travel! Go to parties, hang with the guys, be the businessmen you've wanted to be.
>>
Same thing happened to me just recently. Although without the drugs. I was so busy in life it took me about a month to really feel it, i.e. feeling sad and mad. You just have to take it and feel them. You can try to run away from them, but the feelings will always be there. Blogging or journaling helps some people, or talking with people about how you feel, like how you really feel.

Good luck man. Hang in there.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.