[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your daily routine? I've been a NEET for so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
What's your daily routine?

I've been a NEET for so many years (I'm a student now) that whenever I try to structure my day I'm either too strict or too lenient.

I've only gone to 10% of my lectures and barely done any work
>>
Stop using computers during the evenings, it will make it easier to go to sleep on time.

Then you can get up earlier in the mornings.

I've found getting up early in the morning is cultural to achieving things in life, and it's what everyone expects you to do if you're a "hard working" person.
>>
wake up at 430 AM (fucking kill me)
work at 6
lunch 12 to 2
go home at 6
smoke weed
chill with dogs
sleep

rinse and repeat for the last 2 years
>>
>>16907004
>lunch 12 to 2

That's a long lunch.
>>
>>16907010
yeah i get to eat at my mom's and chill for about 30 mins
>>
>>16907003
I always fuck up my day but failing to wake up on time
>>
Try to make it to your lectures. If the lecture is dry as fuck, take your textbook with you and just read the section they are going over during class. They can't get mad at you for not paying attention because you are literally reading the course material. I say go to lectures because that is the easiest time to get immediate answers to your questions and you'll be able to keep up.

Make friends with classmates, and make plans to meet up and study or do homework. That way someone else is depending on you and it won't be as easy to put it off or be lazy about it.
>>
>>
File: giphy.gif (210 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
210 KB, 800x444
- Wake up at 6:00 AM.
- Walk the dogs/eat breakfast/have shower and get ready
- 7:30- leave for Uni
- 9-6pm - Uni classes/lectures (normally with an hours break for lunch either 12-1, or 1-2pm- I'm a vet student, so we have a full timetable monday-friday)
- 6-7pm Drive home and eat dinner
- 7-9pm - Study
- 9pm - go for a run
10:30- go to bed

That's my normal weekday routine, weekends can vary. Honestly, GO to your lectures. It allows you to ask any immediate questions you may have, and it'll also allow the content to sink in better when you're making notes as it's the second time you've seen it.

Mind, I'm a good 45 minute drive away from my Uni, otherwise I'd wake up slightly later/study in the mornings.

Question: are you genuinely studying something you love? I just ask as it's not a chore for me to study as I bloody love my subject.
>>
>>16907584

If you actually stick to that, you go hard.
>>
>>16907584
>running before going to sleep
i heard that actually is negative to getting good sleep. Keeps you awake and such
But whatever works for you senpai.
>>
>>16907584
I really want to go to lectures but I don't have the discipline.

Yes I really like the subject.
>>
File: le time travelling grandpa.jpg (326 KB, 803x1141) Image search: [Google]
le time travelling grandpa.jpg
326 KB, 803x1141
>Wake up 9:00
>Get some breakfast (porridge + banana) in front of computer, usually watching youtube vids or posting on /his/, or reading wiki articles
>Chillax in this way until 13:00 because i'm fucking unemployed, get lunch, usually pasta & corned beef / chicken & rice
>Go to gym and do PPL routine
>Come home around 16:30, eat dinner, either leftovers or cook something
>Sit down at PC / play videogames / read a book / take bath / prepare food / go to store if i need to buy something
>22:00 get sandwiches / porridge
>chill in front of PC with 4chan / youtube until 00:00, go to bed.

Wish i had a job DESU. Some days i exchange some of the 4chan / videogames time for job hunting online.
>>
File: birdyskeleton.jpg (115 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
birdyskeleton.jpg
115 KB, 612x816
>>16907605

I don't have much of a choice: we're in Uni 9 hours a day, and then if you don't keep on top of the work you're basically fucked as they only give us two weeks for exam revision (the amount of content we cover is HUGE so you don't want to be catching up on notes during exam revision).

And if I don't run I don't really have any 'me' time to wind down a bit. Mind, I do that routine during the week so I can chill a bit more at the weekend.

It's not all doom and gloom, what other course would let me spend all of thursday morning practicing spinal surgery on cadavers, and then spend my afternoon doing ECGs and echocardiograms on live dogs?

>>16907611 Hah, really? Not heard that one, but I don't normally have much problem getting to sleep.

>>16907612 Do you not have the discipline, or are you not excited about a days lectures? I'll admit, there are days where I look at my lectures (particularly on a day where it's block embryology) that I'm really not keen on going, but normally the subject matter is so interesting that I REALLY want to go.

Honestly, before you do anything else, make sure you go to your lectures. Even if you have to 'treat' yourself for going, then do that.
>>
>>16907617
I don't see

>apply to jobs

Anywhere in there
>>
>>16907626
If you read my entire post you will see that on some days i exchange the time spent on 4chan / playing video games for job searching online.

No luck so far though, but i'm keeping at it.
>>
>>16907625
I don't learn anything from lectures I only go to get my attendance up

Seriously I don't understand anything from someone talking, I need to sit and read/try by myself.

I've tried treating myself to go but I can just have the treat without going. No discipline you see.

Even if I'm on my period sometimes I just lie in bed in my own blood because I don't have the willpower to get up.
>>
>>16907632

Then I think you need to seek medical assistance, it is not normal/healthy to want to wallow in your own bodily fluids because you can't get up. Preferably before you graduate, as you are currently in a nice bubble, the moment you get out into the real world and have to find a job life will become quite a bit more difficult.

Whatcha studying OP?
>>
>>16907670
I'm a mature student so I know what it's like to have no willpower in the real world. You become a NEET, sitting at your computer all
day every day for years almost never going outside

I've had therapy and medication but the NHS don't give a fuck about you if you don't fit into one of their little boxes.

Computer science.
>>
After many of trying to fix myself the only thing I have found works is having so much work to do that I can't leave it until later and having deadlines.

No amount of planning or organisation or motivation can make me do that much work if I can do nothing instead.
>>
>>16907003
>I've found getting up early in the morning is cultural to achieving things in life, and it's what everyone expects you to do if you're a "hard working" person.
I don't think so to be honest. It depends on the person. There are people whose body and brain is on full power in the morning until evening and others are more efficient from midday to night. Evolutionary setup. It is even proven that those "nightowl" people have worse grades at school when tests are early in the morning.

The time I'm most productive is in the night and I have no problems with that. Tried once for a month or two to change my routine, wake up very early, but that did not help anything.
>>
>>16907679

Aye, the NHS isn't wonderful, I'd agree with you there- I've seen a few of my course mates break down with stress and the NHS has been dire at helping. However, I'd be tempted to persist and perhaps try to get some counselling at your University: have a quick chat with your SU, they may be able to open more doors than your Drs.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.