[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't stop dreaming about hometown.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: Alleycat.png (2 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
Alleycat.png
2 KB, 320x200
Last year I used the money I got from wedding gifts to visit my homeland as part of my honeymoon and so my wife could finally meet my family. We had stayed in my parent's house where I had grown up and while it was very nice, things had drastically changed in the last five years since I had last visited.

My grandpa had passed away, I couldnt attend the funeral. His wife now suffers heavy Alzheimers so it took a few days to convince her I wasn't her soon (I look exactly like my dad). A very dear family pet was also gone. A lot of my first cousins are living abroad so I couldnt get to see all of them. The area outside my parent's condo building where I used to play a lot with the neighborhood kids has changed drastically too..

But I think what killed me the most was that the house I grew up in also didn't very much feel the same. My parents had been trying to empty it out so they could either sell it or rent it, but even though it still contained most of the furniture I grew up with, including the wooden cabinet where they hid pokemon red version before gifting it to me and my brother on xmas in the year that it came out, also the bunkbed my bro and I slept in was still there, but the whole place just felt very haunting to me. The bathroom was drastically redone too. I think the fact that my hometown was very windy also didn't help, making the windows rattle and stuff. But what made it worse was that the ceiling of the condo was getting moldy, due to the upper condo being left abandoned with the windows open all year round. I just want my parents to sell the damn place.

So as you can see, my homecountry means a lot to me. Seeing all those drastic changes and how old my family had grown I think killed me a little inside. This, I think has affected my at a deeper level than I thought where as the vast majority of my dreams since I came back take place in my hometown or with the people I reunited with. I think I'm more intrigued than I am worried.

Your thoughts?
>>
>>16906557
Brotha, this is life.

People you know and love are going to pass, places you have been to or lived in are going to change. 10 years ago we didn't have a clue how different our lives would be now, and 10 years from now; it's going to be even more drastic.

It's ok to reminisce the past, but you can not let it ruin 'today'. Look towards the future, and how you can make it better.

I lost both my parents 10 days after I turned 19 years old, it was so unbearable. Two years later, I feel that time has helped me heal and cope with life without them, and deal with the change.

You're gonna be alright, brotha.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.