[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi, everyone. this post will probably seem more suited for /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1417578323120.jpg (98 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1417578323120.jpg
98 KB, 1080x1920
hi, everyone. this post will probably seem more suited for /fit/ but I am somewhat intimidated by the board and I'm hoping to get a reply here. I'm 23/m and am underweight. I'm trying to gain 10 to 20 pounds but I struggle with poor appetite and can only make it to the gym occasionally. other than trying to up my gym gain, is there anything else I can do to help? thank you~
>>
>>16905021
The answer is obvious. Eat more. How many calories do you consume per day?
>>
>>16905042
I'm not sure. I'm finding it difficult to force myself to eat a lot, I dont know why my appetite is nearly nonexistent
>>
Forcefeed your self, seriously eat untill you feel like puking. Eat calories dense foods (preferibly with lots of protein). Drink your calaroies, milk is your friend, di GOMAD (gallon of milk a day)
>>
>>16905021
Get yourself a high carb mass gainer (not a high protien muscle builder, otherwise every dump you take will be like giving birth to a full grown gorrila and three weeks later your kidneys will pop out of your dickhole when you take a pee). Failing that, some Ensure or Complan will do just as well. If you split it in to six small servings, keep them spaced out through the day and avoid having them an hour either side of your usual meals even a little guy like you (no offence mate) can drink 1,500 - 2,000 Calories a day without having any real impact on your appetite. As you're going to be doubling or even tripling your calorific intake your intestines are going to be working a lot harder, so you need to up your water intake too. The downsde to this is that with the shakes and the water you're going to be pissing every five minuites, but the pay off is that you won't have to superglue your asshole back together after your coffee every morning.

Ideally you want to couple that with some heavy lifting - heavy for you that is. You don't have to bench 300lbs, just try to find a weight that you can lift 5 times but leaves you too tired for a 6th. Rather than isolation excercises that use a single muscle (like bicep curls) just focus on compound lifts that use lots of muscle groups at once - squats, bench press, rows, that kind of thing.

If you can manage to keep on schedule with the drinks and do your lifting for 30 minuites 3 times a week you could probably gain that 20lbs in six weeks. The 20lbs after that will be a bit harder, but when you get results you'll be a lot more motivated.
>>
File: Snapchat-6199718371633076091.jpg (200 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6199718371633076091.jpg
200 KB, 1080x1920
Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate your time <3 Would give a more thorough reply but I'm leaving wifi. Cheers!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.