[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yo, /adv/. Is there anyway to really work past anxiety, paranoia,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1438322788783.png (178 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1438322788783.png
178 KB, 640x480
yo, /adv/.

Is there anyway to really work past anxiety, paranoia, and self-loathing? Sometimes I'm alright but sometimes it gets a lot worse than normal and I feel overly sensitive and insecure about stupid shit. Why do I always immediately come to the conclusion in my head "Anon is getting tired of me. I'm a terrible person. Why do I suck so bad?" when there's no logical way to explain why I should ever feel that way?
>>
>>16904912
Alcohol, nig.

It works for me.
I know I'm drunk must nights and my liver is probably dying as we speak, but while drunk, I'm actually happy
>>
>>16904968
Well I mean I already do that. I'm drunk right now. And drinking makes me happier, but I still feel pretty bad.
>>
It's called psychotherapy.

http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist

>is that Rei Anami or a Rei expy?
>>
>>16904972
Shit nigga.
I'm drunk too now.

Now I'm happy.
I got a bunch of your paranoia and self-loathing.
Especially the latter. Double the latter.

But you gotta relax.
Anxiety?
Half of that is the hangover.
The other half is unfounded.
Like, you don't matter.
Yeah that makes you drink, but it also makes you relax.

No one notices you.
You don't matter.
Relax
>>
>>16904976
I tried therapy and it wasn't for me. I went a handful of times and decided it was worthless.

>>16904980
I like the way you think. My mind just wanders and I get all of these terrible ideas in my head and then I freak out and I can't stop imaging these things happening to me, and then I get really sad about them and they're not even happening. Fuck me.
>>
>>16905006
>I like the way you think. My mind just wanders and I get all of these terrible ideas in my head and then I freak out and I can't stop imaging these things happening to me, and then I get really sad about them and they're not even happening. Fuck me.
If you're an alcoholic like me, you need to understand that's the hangover.

When you drink a bunch, the next day you will feel "Oh jeez I fucked up, I ruined everything".
Now maybe you di.
But if you're experienced like I am, where our drunk selves are just as rational, that feeling is just the symptom of our brains dealing with the after affects of alcohol.

If you drink a lot, you will feel shame.
Both in part of chemical necessity, and proper shame of being an alcoholic.

Most of it, the day after especially, is due to the chemical of alcohol
>>
>>16904912
Anxiety is actually good for you. It means that your body is trying to adapt to the situation. at what moment of the day do you feel that shit?
>>
>>16905033
But I feel that shit almost all day, everyday. How could that be good?
>>
>>16905054
Why do you care so much about them? Do you think they care as much about you? Try this: Stop asking about them for a while and see if they'll ask about you. If they don't ask about you and you want to convince yourself that it'll change one day that's your problem.

Self-loathing and anxiety and paranoia. To be honest i don't see where is the problem. You need to explore them in a healthy way. For example you can hate yourself for not doing enough, that can motivates a man to do better next time "while women need love and support". And anxiety that shit is actually good for you. Feeling confortable means that you're being lazy. You can feel anxious if you're doing a lot of physical/mental effort. Try to think about the moments when you feel a lot of that and ask yourself why were you feeling that way? Is that an activity that you do everyday? If you do it everyday you need to figure out how you can adapt: A lot of physical effort = try to be in a good shape/ Stretch before that activity. A lot of mental stress: Try to think and prepare yourself mentally for the next task instead of thinking about how you could have done the previous one differently. If it's something that you don't do everyday it's perfectly normal to feel a little bit anxious, just prepare yourself mentally for that before doing that activity.
Paranoia: Maybe you're just an introvert?
I don't have a question for everything but i gave you some practical stuff that i use personally and that could help you
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.