[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering divorce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bladerunner_6_tearsintherain.jpg (47 KB, 1361x768) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner_6_tearsintherain.jpg
47 KB, 1361x768
Wife and I have been together for 7 years now (married for 4) and we recently had a miscarriage
>she told me she used the spermicide gel we've used for years
>later realize she lied (haven't and don't plan on confronting her about it)
>ends up missing period
>confirm she's pregnant
>go to 10wk appointment
>blighted ovum (amniotic sac formed but child didn't)
>she miscarriages
>now wants to try again

I've been adamant about NEVER wanting children.
It was literally the topic of conversation when we met for the first time years ago
I feel she betrayed me by lying about not using the gel (we've used it for years and I've always withdrawn, except for the one time she asked me not to which led to the pregnancy)
>I'm 28
>She's 26

Should I just end it now instead of continuing down this road into an unhealthy marriage?

We love each other and have great relationship outside of this issue, no other major argument in 7 years

>tldr: we both stated never wanting children, she's STRONGLY changed her mind after an accidental pregnancy that ended in miscarriage
>>
How did you find out she lied?
>>
If you're considering divorce over this then do it. Also learn your lesson and don't marry.
>>
>>16904533
The applicator was broken so we bought a new tube, I tossed the old one, and then looked at the new one after we had realized it hadn't been used.

She knows I know, plus she told me to not pullout on the calculated conception date
>>
Compromise by paying to freeze her eggs so it takes her mind off the urgency of having a child now. Then hope the issue goes away with little to no discussion.
>>
>>16904549
>she told you not to pull out
>after you have had serious talks about not doing it
Yeah that's just her wanting to get pregnant. She won't stop. Divorce.
>>16904555
This is also a good idea but it's rather deceptive if you're thinking of never having kids. Shouldn't waste her time like this.
>>
>>16904523
She wants a kid, bad enough that she deceived you. You definitely don't want a kid. That's a pretty big relationship road block to get around. If you guys can't be happy, end it now and save yourselves the heartache.
>>
>>16904564
>>16904570
That's how I feel, just the thought of not being together makes me ill, but I know it's probably the best for both of us.
>>
Get a vasectomy and never tell her
>>
>>16904576
Letting go hurts and it will always hurt, forever. But the happiness of both of you should come first.
>>
>>16904523
Just get a vasectomy. It's relatively inexpensive and almost always reversible, and you can put some sperm in the bank ahead of time. That way only you have the power to have a child that is yours.

Even better if you don't tell her about it and then if she ever becomes pregnant you know she's cheated on you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.