[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 574x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 574x1024
Hey so I think depression is creeping up on me again. I just don't feel as happy anymore and I'm really quick to anger.
I really don't want to be medicated again so what are some things I can do to naturally be happy?
>>
>>16904141
Masturbate

Think of things that you appreciate, every day

Don't isolate yourself; talk to people, your loved ones if you have those, new people for a change

Write little to-do-lists of even mundane tasks and try to complete them by a given time
>>
Medication can actually be really helpful. It's kind of a pain but it's better than being depressed.

You can always go to therapy and see if that alone will make a difference, but it doesn't always.

Finding a mental health provider: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
Finding a therapist: http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist
>>
>>16904141
If you're quick to anger, it means you aren't depressed.

Depression is the crushing of all emotions.
You feel like a shell.

Anger is a real thing.
If you can feel real volatile anger, then you aren't depressed.
Sad maybe.
Disappointed, maybe.

But not depressed

Depression is when you wake up and see life as a rerun of an old Adam Sandler movie.
Have you ever felt such indifference?
That's depression..
>>
>>16905002
"Other signs and symptoms of depression in men include anger, aggression, violence, reckless behavior, and substance abuse."

Too bad that little dramatic poem you wrote has zero validity or substance
>>
>>16905014
It has all the validity and substance.

It depends on person to person.

Depression manifests itself in different ways.

People feel anger and aggression in different ways.

Some people seek actual physical realization.
Other's right stupid posts on 4chan.

Depression is a real thing.
It makes people feel useless.
Sometimes that makes you give up and slouch down.
Othertimes it makes you rage and fight back.

It's both depression, regardless
>>
What's going on in your life anon? Usually when I feel like I'm becoming depressed there is an environmental reason
>>
u have to understand clearly your wants your goals how you want to be viewed how you want to view others. once you understand your self, the motivation will come along. then the motivation will fix your problems and be happier afterwards.
>>
masturbate, drink, smoke, get high, have sex, do things that don't make you angry
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.