[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I Being Too Sensitive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>friends with group of guys for about a year and a half
>have them in a group chat
>we always ripped on each other
>notice the insults just keep getting worse and worse towards me
>know for a fact that these guys are friends and actually care about me
>feel like a punching bag
>constant negative shit is just being hurled in my direction
>get called a worthless cuck
>decide to say something call them a bitch
>get told to not let shitty insults get to me
>get called worthless again

Am I being too sensitive or would anyone feel like shit in this situation?
>>
No these "friends" are using you as the butt of their jokes, they see you as weak and are seeing how far they can push you, you have 2 options at this point. Number 1: either toughen up and insult them harshly but in a jokingly tone and show them you won't sit there and take it. Number 2: stop talking to them and make them realize there being dicks. I would go with option 1 anon
>>
Take it with a laugh. And then return fire with twice the force.
>>
>>16904088
Agreed
>>
>>16904041
It's funny to me people who always talk about how many friends they have and how much their friends love them, And yet I never see these people hanging out with the same people twice. People who really have friends don't talk about how MANY friends they have. Ever. You have no friends. You are a dog in a pack, that all.
>>
>>16904330
You gotta a better chance in a pack than being a lone wolf
>>
>notice the insults just keep getting worse and worse towards me

no, no - what's almost certainly going on is not the progression of the insults, but the progression of your SENSITIVITY towards them

aka you're being a bitch
>>
>>16904339
It's hard not to when it's all the time, every fucking day with these guys
>>
> know for a fact that these guys are friends and actually care about me

Yeah right, you're a punching bag.
>>
If you're genuinely hurt, ask them to tone it down a bit. It doesn't make you too sensitive to not want to be degraded. If they don't understand that you can't handle the bants, it's not your fault.
>>
>>16904334
No, that's wrong. Women LOVE independent guys. What they really hate are these manlet clusterfucks you see in the club acting like faggots.
>>
I was bullied by my 'friends' (some people who were not friends at all did it to the point of abuse) (others toyed with me somewhat but only to a small degree. never anything genuinely insulting other than swear words which are so non descript they're not insults)

Don't confuse who is who.

Actions:
Thick skin. Genuinely don't care about what they think of you.
Hit back, but that shows you're angry.

These same friends (the actual ones) now never say anything ever to me other than random swearing. I was lucky though, as I figured out not to give a shit (mainly because I saw myself as superior) and that their insults, really were more of a reflection upon them than it was myself.

One time my "friends" wouldn't stop calling me a bitch in front of everyone. I told them to cut this shit out, and if they took it too far i'd just hit them or really go ham (insulted their intelligence, deep personal issues like a "friends" lack of father). You can't expect it to go away instantly, but don't be too hard in your responce (it shows anger, therefore they win) but be firm if it goes too far (everyone bar one stopped it, as i got aggressive) the one that didn't was threatened with words, then fists.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.