[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, my future mother in law has been trying to sabotage my relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 201x251
So, my future mother in law has been trying to sabotage my relationship with her son ever since we started dating. She gaslights me, stonewalls me, she makes snide remarks about me, lectures me, etc. The problem is that she only does it when nobody is looking.

So neither her husband or my boyfriend believes me when I tell them about how she acts towards me. She has even outright told me that I wasn't good enough for her son and that it was never meant to be.

Did a lot of research on what I should do and every arrow pointed to me having to distance myself from her.

But things have gone from bad to worse. Now that I refuse to see her, my boyfriend now spends every holiday with her and then when I demand that he spend them with me he says that he can't do that to his mother. He's also started excluding me from major decision making for important things, he's dropped me from our family plans (phone, utilities, lease, car insurance, etc) without letting me know until it's already done. When confronted about all those things he said that his mom asked him to do it and said that she was only trying to protect him from me.

Relationship just went from pure bliss to absolute hell in 2 months.

What kind of advice do you have?
Thinking of breaking up. We've been together for 11 years now and were planning on getting married in December.

He is completely brainwashed by his mother. I really want to get back at her
>>
>>16903960
As hard as this may be to understand, it's not her fault. She is who she is--a bitch. The fault here lies entirely on your fiance. It's his fault if he's such a momma's boy that he only listens to her.

Don't do shit to the mom. Don't do shit to your fiance. Do shit for yourself--leave. And don't fall into that "but 11 yeaaaarssss" excuse. It doesn't matter. Your investment failed. Big whoop, it happens to everyone. Cut your losses before you make a huge mistake by marrying into this psycho family.
>>
>>16903960
Well list your properties and his and I'll tell you if you're good enough for him.

Your
>Job
>Income
>Height
>Weight

His
>Job
>Income
>Height
>Weight

Don't worry, I've played rpgs. I'll know if you're on his level. His mom doesn't want you piggybacking him for exp- I mean money.
>>
>>16903960

Other anon has it right.

The mom is a total bitch. But she's a bitch, oh well.

Your fiance however... he should be defending you. YOU are his significant other, not his mother. The vows of marriage are "i take you [...] to have and to hold" not I take my mother.

I think ultimatums are retarded and the least effective method for resolving something in a relationship, but if talking to him about and letting him know how serious this is doesn't work (maybe he really doesn't realize), it may come down to it.
>>
>>16904028
How do you know his mama ain't protecting him from this harlot mooch?

He's paying for her fucking cell phone , CAR, AND CAR INSURANCE?

Get a fucking job and stop mooching off this nerd. His mom is right, he's signing up to pay for a teenage child with this marriage and then the kids on top of it. She doesn't make enough to support herself let alone help support their family.

11 years? 11 years? He sounds like he makes over 80k a year in those 11 years and you've done fuck all.

The mother is right, princess. You're the reason ball and chain is a saying.
>>
>>16903969
You think she can afford to leave? lmfao, read between the lines. I doubt she even has a job. She might work part time at the GAP or something but she's still going to move out of his house and into a shithole apartment fit for an 18 year olds first, not a 27+ year old.
>>
>>16904047 preach!
>>
Have you posted other threads before? This seems familiar, I remember someone posting when they got taken off the insurance
>>
>your boyfriend doesn't believe you over his mom
>he doesn't even try and be diplomatic between the two of you when it's obvious you're serious
Then you got issues. No wonder divorce rates are so high if this isn't dump him status by now.

Why do 4channers always have such trashy partners? I don't. Not for long anyway.
>>
>>16904117
See >>16904057 and >>16904047 you silly vagina.
>>
>>16904124
Fair enough. She could also be a leech. Same advice goes. I'd rather not have this roastie marry some poor dude.
>>
>>16903960
You make this thread like once a month.

I think by now you just like the attention your petty drama receives.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.