[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's adv"s thoughts on short replies from girls and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1457715917441.jpg (55 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1457715917441.jpg
55 KB, 612x612
What's adv"s thoughts on short replies from girls and guys?
Is it a form of friendzonging?
>>
>>16903848
It's a sign of the times. People are horrid at replying, if they reply at all. The modern youth is comfortable with "easy come, easy go." They don't realize it's rude, because it's all they've ever grown up with.

So don't take offense to it. It's rarely anything personal. If you don't agree with it, find more talkative/respectful people to interact with.
>>
>>16903851
Get outta here grandpa!

>>16903848
Means they're busy, blowing you off, or not the texting type.
>>
>>16904035
If they're busy but still giving you a reply back, that's good?
>>
>>16904250
No
>>
>>16903848
short replies = i'm not interested / i'm busy leave me alone
>>
It means they aren't interested, are busy, or are boring.

Bottom line is you probably shouldn't talk to them.
>>
I make replies that read like essays. It never works.
I wish I could be concise. This was the best I could do. Pretty ok if you ask me.
>>
If it's a friend I would think they were busy, the quick response it just to tie up the loose end before they get on with something.

If the person only knows how to write short responses I just think they are stupid. Some people are just dull like that, remember those kind of kids in school? They just get replaced.
>>
What if she's legit busy?
>>
>>16904518
Clearly not interested in you if she doesn't prioritize sending you a long text message when her dad is on the deathbed. Do you really want that kind of half-assed love?
>>
>>16904518
People who are legit busy should say so and talk later when they can have a proper conversation.

It's much easier to say something like "Shoot I've got class right now but I'll text you when it's over!"

Instead of "lol :)" after every 5 minutes
>>
I say what I have to say. I assume people do the same. If they're not giving me enough feedback then I don't wait around to puzzle out why. I just get on with everything else.
>>
>>16904600
This desu senpai
>>
>>16904518
god forbid right
>>
File: 1451559913001.jpg (46 KB, 867x516) Image search: [Google]
1451559913001.jpg
46 KB, 867x516
Generally it means they're not interested but don't know how to say so. There is a minority of people who are genuinely that shit at texting, but I'd generally bet otherwise.

>>16904518
Then communicate so. If I can't talk because I have to drive my brother somewhere for instance, I'll tell her as much and I'll get back to the conversation when I can.

There are of course more extreme examples, like a family emergency happening. For understandable reasons he's going to take bottom priority probably. The guy may feel brushed off at the moment, but if you explain to him what happened it should all be fine. If they're still offended over either of those situations, they're probably an idiot.

That's my perspective on it anyways.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>16903848
It means they have better things to do and you're not an immediate priority to them. Spend more time w/ them IRL if you want to fix this. Don't be a fucking weirdo about it tho that shit's awful
>>
I dont for the life of me understand why people text girls they're trying to get with. The only thing you should be texting her is "When am I picking you up?"
>>
Not op, i got her number she didnt get mine
I texted her and she texted back
Is this a good start?
>>
>>16904473
Seconding this
Sorry OP
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.