[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are my living conditions normal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: ohno.jpg (18 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
ohno.jpg
18 KB, 450x500
I need help figuring out whenever my living situation is normal, or if I'm having a harder time than I should.

I'm renting a room from a middle aged woman. I think she's in her 40´s. She is working part-time due to burnout. I moved out from my parents about two months ago, so I'm not really used to this lifestyle. I mean, I'm still learning. And I do a lot of mistakes. I've broken a glass, sometimes I haven't taken out the trash fast enough, sometimes I've left my dirty dishes lying around for too long, and so on. I've made mistakes and she's had to tell me to fix things.

Lately, it seems like she has been harder on me than what is called for. To be more precise, when she's criticizes me, it seems like she is more interested in expressing her frustration than she is in telling me what to do differently. I'm fully aware that I need to grow as a human being, but I'm not sure that I should accept insults and degrading comments.

Some examples:
I'm supposed to purchase cleaning materials every once in a while. The other day she told me I hadn't done that and that I was being a "parasite" for using her materials.
One day, when I had been cooking and hadn't cleaned up in the kitchen afterwards, she had left an incomprehensible note, which was written in so few words and such strange grammar that it was unreadable. It had plenty of exclamation marks and the phrase "Clean up your own shit".
Today when I woke up and was lying in my bed I heard her talking to her son, saying that she was the only one in the household that was "doing her job", and that she had to clean up after me. She was aware that I heard her.

My question is: Is her behavior really acceptable? Should I expect to see the same reactions if I move in with someone else?
>>
File: tumblr_nknkxkbI181sieqq4o3_1280.png (351 KB, 692x379) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nknkxkbI181sieqq4o3_1280.png
351 KB, 692x379
She is being a bit harsh, yes, but she isn't entirely wrong.

Get you shit together anon.

Let's say you move somewhere else, you MAY get a roomie who is more tolerant of your messiness. At the very least, they more polite and diplomatic about how they handle your negligence but that is the best you can hope for unless you start being more responsible.

Be considerate of sharing space with other people - if filth annoys her, then don't be filthy in shared spaces. Imagine if she did something that really annoyed you daily?

It's okay to stumble a bit but honestly, being more clean is better for your mental health as well.
>>
Sharing housing is difficult. This situation will worsen if not checked.

A) is the other person ready to adult, ie communicate.
B) if so, set parameters and abide by them.

Calling names is not cool behaviour. Being frustrated when you want to cook or clean and you can't is normal. So discuss ground rules. GL, OP
>>
>>16903569
While i have no idea your age and financial status.

I would say you should consider getting your own place or beginning to prepare to get your own place .

I was in a similar situation as you and i ended up being blindsided when the women cut me off from everything but my room and had her extended family show up and try to for me to sign a hand written lease. I ended up having to rent a storage unit and stay at a shelter until i found a new place.
>>
Get out of there!! You don't need another mom. .. you won't grow.
>>
>>16903583
I'm 23. I'm fairly poor. Don't make a lot of money. I don't really consider myself middleclass, given my strained budget. To be clear, each month I have about 1,5 K after taxes.
>>
File: 1440604481979.jpg (12 KB, 145x225) Image search: [Google]
1440604481979.jpg
12 KB, 145x225
>>16903708
I make less than that and I live by myself.

Granted, it's a studio but unless you live in some huge expensive city, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
GIVE HER THE D
>>
>>16903719
So you think I should move out? Look, in order to push down expenses I have to rent a room. I pay about 330 dollars a month. Do you think it isn't worth it?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.