[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: Thumbs_Up_Down-32.jpg (67 KB, 578x325) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs_Up_Down-32.jpg
67 KB, 578x325
When I was 19-20, I tried joining the Navy, but further along as I went through processing, I got pretty sour on the whole thing. I eventually was disqualified because I have a burn scar on my chest that came from a jerk neighborhood kid when I was a child. They thought it might be from self harm, so I got disqualified. My recruiter appealed, and they made me take a psych evaluation.

I answered the whole thing thing kind of like an asshole, because I didn't really want to join anymore. I didn't answer anything like I want to kill people or have gnarly sexual urges or anything weird like that. Anyways the results came back, and they determined that I was depressed and an alcoholic. This made me happy, as I didn't want really want to join anymore. Anyways, for the record, I've never been so depressed that I wanted to kill myself or couldn't do day-to-day tasks, and I binge drinked probably once a month when I was younger (drinking lost its appeal when I turned 21).

So now I'm 24, in my third year at college as a Mathematics major and Physics & CSS minor. My question to you all is, do you think I'm still disqualified from all US Armed Forces? Would going into any of the Armed Forces with my education mean anything to them? I want to join because before I entered college I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but now I'm nearing graduation I'm not quite as sure. I think it'd be nice to have the military pay some of my student debts (I haven't missed any payments, or in emergency mode or anything, my credit is pretty much perfect), and I also like the idea of just being told what to do. Military life seems simple in that you just do whatever your superiors tell you to do, and I think it's nice that the military is pretty much a self running thing and business sales/customer service/etc doesn't mean much to them.
>>
see

>>>/k/29209045
>>
>>16903399
Thanks!
>>
File: pc.jpg (114 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
114 KB, 300x300
what the fuck man. no! what the hell made you not want to join in the first place? all those reasons are still valid. stay out. college is supposed to make you smart enough to know better.

but if you really want to know just look at your re-enlistment code on your DD214 paper and if it's any thing but a 1, you got problems. I'm guessing you got a 3 or a 4 which means not even obama could get you back in. word up
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.