[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys offer me some career and life advice? I am 25 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1
File: real_crip.jpg (175 KB, 590x544) Image search: [Google]
real_crip.jpg
175 KB, 590x544
Can you guys offer me some career and life advice? I am 25 years old.

>had cancer in my pelvis
>disfigured and crippled
>dick doesn't work, so can't even have sex even if there was someone sick enough to want to fuck someone as messed up as myself

>no social skills because I was ostracized or ridiculed by everyone around me growing up...
>no friends

>useless college degree (history and political science), I originally intended to go to law school, but my lack of sociability meant no extra-curricular stuff, no faculty friends/recommendations, etc...
>got very good grades at least

>no work experience
>in high school places showed me the door when I showed up in a wheelchair, said they had nothing available I could do
>every place requires experience, even "entry level" places
>can't work in fast food
>can't work in manual labor
>can't work in retail because people don't want to buy stuff from a disfigured crippled introverted weirdo, plus I simply don't have the communication skills to make it work even if people didn't judge

I just want to get a job somewhere, but I can't even get an interview... My resume is literally just "went to school and did well"... There is nothing else I can put in there. I can't even volunteer in my area because all the places accepting volunteers want role models and stuff and I am the antitheses of what a person should aspire to be.

All of this is on top of the fact that I have no transportation and live in the suburbs where there is no public transit.

I am willing to do anything so long as it is full time so I can buy health insurance, which I lose in a few months when I turn 26.

Where should I look for work? Right now I just go down job boards and apply to literally everything that doesn't require experience or a driver's license (which I don't have) and isn't manual labor. I have been offered no interviews from anyone anywhere.

Thank you.
>>
Disabled female here.
Start your own business watching dogs at your house. With your background you could do technical writing. Or move to Canada you get easy hired for governemy job they get paid to hire people with disabilities. Just because you do not fit in the world you were isolated from does not mean you have no future. Being a sheep is gay as fuck you and I my friend are wolves who think outside of the box. Our isolation has provided us the ability to make a change in the world whatever you feel it may be. So sharpen your claws my friend.
>>
If you are legitimatel handicapped, you should contact the appropriate charity or government office for job training. They'll figure out what you CAN do and try to get you to work doing it.

You can also get health insurance through medicaid since you're unable to work, that assumes you live in a non-shit tier state that didn't refuse the free money for medicaid expansion because Obama proposed it, though.
>>
>>16902206
Read SICP. Get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to sit in a chair and use a computer all day long.
>>
>>16902247
if you don't have family living in canada they're not going to let you immigrate unless you have a job offer and your employer is willing to take the time and money to prove no canadian could fill that position

its not realistic
>>
Also, didn't mention above, but I have full use of my upper body.

Please internet friends, you're my only hope.
>>
just because your dick doesn't work doesn't mean you can't have sex, try anal stimulation it feels good
>>
>>16902248
The disability service for my state just puts you in contact with disability charities in your area and the one in my area doesn't do job placement, they simply provide transportation to interviews and give practice interviews.

I have already tried that avenue.
>>
>>16902254
I would adopt him then
>>
>>16902265
Also I used the federal government's Workforce Recruitment Program while I was in school.

I was offered a job when I graduated. I accepted it. It fell through because I couldn't find housing or transportation in the city where the job was located.

I couldn't find literally any apartments that were built to be handicap accessible, the best I found were a few complexes where maintenance would lay a piece of wood on the steps if you asked them to.

And the city wouldn't allow me to sign up for their disability transportation unless I had a permanent residence in the city.

So I had to withdraw after weeks of no luck finding accommodations to work there.
>>
>>16902272
assuming OP is not a minor you'd have to marry him and be married for 3 years before you could even begin the immigration procedure, from then it would be about 2 years (on average, it could be much longer) before he could apply for residency and then another 5 (again on average) years before he could become a citizen. All of the associated fees generally cost about $30k.
>>
>>16902288
But the Vietnamese do it so easily with immigration lawyers and they find loop holes in the system.
>>
>>16902280
so find something else, what do you want me to say?

you could try moving to a non shit state for starters
>>
>>16902297
you said it yourself, they find loopholes, unfortunately for OP they're not wheelchair accessible

btw there is no equivalent to the americans with disabilities act in Canada so employers are completely within their rights to discriminate because of disabilities. I always found that rather shocking since canada tends to be ahead of america on things like that.
>>
>>16902298
I don't want you to say anything friend, I am just looking for advice on things I could try.

I do look for other things, like I said above I have applied to dozens of places with no success.

I can't move to another state either, I have no money... The only reason I am not dead is because my parents allow me to live with them and provide for me... But my father is tired of supporting me and wants me gone...

Just looking for options is all.
>>
>>16902311
do you have access to firearms?
>>
>>16902317
Don't want to die.

I am not happy and my life sucks, but I still love being alive.
>>
>>16902332
i meant to shoot your dad, pretty easy to make it look like just another firearms accident
>>
Dayum. See this is why I hope reincarnation is a thing, because then you can at least justify something shitty like this. Maybe you were a serial killer in a past life or something.
>>
>>16902305
Well I mean they do that here as well, they just don't do it explicitly... The ADA only really applies to new building construction and idiots who openly discriminate against disabled
>>
>>16902305
What are you talking about in Ontario we have that through the labour laws. Look up ESA Ontario. We are well protected.
>>
>>16902361
well yeah but that's not even a thing in canada, goverment offices aren't even wheelchair accessible up there

>>16902364
could be province by province then, I lived in montreal and was pretty shocked by how little consideration was given to people in wheelchairs. They don't even bother salting sidewalks in the winter time, just throw cinders down on ice which does literally nothing and expect people to deal with it. That's all fine and well if you're young and strong but what about when you're old? If you slip and fall on ice that's going to fracture your hip and you might never be able to walk again, and die a few years later having spent your final days stuck in a bed in a miserable nursing home.

The city is built on a fucking hill, why do they think this is ok?
>>
>>16902375
To keep the cripples and old people out
>>
>>16902375
Quebec is the cuck of Canada it's nothing like the rest of Canada very different. I feel weird when I go to Quebec to visit and I have lived in five different provinces.
>>
>>16902349
Why he has every right to be upset? I am 25 years old and don't work and just bum off him... I don't want to be in the situation anymore than he wants me to.
>>
>>16902383
yeah except youre trying to find work and you're stuck in a fucking wheelchair, how can he not realize what a bastard he's being by trying to push you out?
>>
>>16902382
I think you have that reversed, Achmed
>>
>>16902383
I know how you feel OP it took me a while to find work too. I ended up starting my own business from home and now I live comfy and independently.
>>
>>16902382
why do cuckfags feel the need to insert their dumb fetish into literally everything? What the fuck does quebec's insistence on being culturally different from anglo canada have to do with cuckoldry.

You fuckers are worse than furries and weebs combined.
>>
>>16902206
If you're from MA we can be friends. I'm an actor so I don't know if I can help career wise
>>
>>16902394
No because they want vive le Quebec separatiste
>>
>>16902406
I would too if I was surrounded by anglo losers that bend over to the Chinese and Arabs
>>
>>16902398
I an not even into that Quebec tries to cuck Canada it is the truth
>>
>>16902401
Nowhere near there, but thanks for the offer.
>>
>>16902395
I am not as fortunate though. I have no discernible skills that set me apart from anyone, certainly nothing marketable.

If my circumstances were different I would probably be a laborer or a firefighter like everyone else in my family, but that simply isn't an option for me.
>>
>>16902427
Anon you have something that no one else has. You went through your hardships battling and doing your best. I can only imagine how people treating you felt. Maybe you could write ebooks for people who also have disabilities and talk about your experiences. I use my bad past to motivate me creatively. Everyone has that ability Anon just your way of creativity is different from others. You could give carving a try or soldering small parts.
>>
>>16902434
Literally no money in E-books.

OP, you should look into coding. you can do a lot of it from home and it pays pretty well right now
>>
>>16902447
Any advice on where to start?

I use computers all day every day, but I know literally nothing about programming.
>>
>>16902447
I know a dude who makes 100 dollars off of writing 5 pages.
www.w3schools.com
>>
Hey op, defiantly understand where you're coming from. As another answer said, learn coding or 'penetration testing'. I do it for a living, and by choice I can stay home 365 days a year and still make more money then a person who doesn't.
Penetration testing is testing peoples websites/networks/softwares to see if they can possibly be weak to hackers or virus's. Look into it.
>>
>>16902434
My experiences are nothing worth writing about though. I haven't overcome any adversity, I have withered away in it.

My story would literally be
>go to school
>either get ignored by everyone, or made fun of by a select few
>sit at home and do nothing
>repeat for 14+ years
>>
>>16902467
http://www.w3schools.com/

I used this site for my Web design courses. You can make a lot of money off Web design.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.