[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best friend broke up with girlfriend because of me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1431029499402.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431029499402.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
My best friend and I have been really close friends since we were kids. He's a guy and I'm a girl. He recently got a girlfriend and she hated my guts pretty much immediately. Every time I was around she had an attitude and giving me mean looks. We had a private talk and she wanted me to go away and I'm taking attention away from her and she feels uncomfortable with me being so close to him. She said it's unfair that he still divides a lot of his time to me when she should be getting all his attention.

I didn't want any trouble honestly so I kind of respected her wishes and kept my distance from him. I didn't want to interfere in their relationship or rock the boat. I still talked to him online and we played games and stuff but I didn't see him much in person. My best friend noticed because we see each other all the time so it's really weird when we just don't. At first I just kind of passed it off as being busy but eventually he got concerned. He asked me if he did something and of course I said no and he said I should tell him whats up then since we're best friends. I thought about it and I decided to tell him his girlfriend wanted me to keep my distance because she was uncomfortable with me.

He was very mad and he talked to her. They had an argument about it and he eventually dumped her. She was absolutely livid with me. She called me a slut and a bitch and she said I ruined her relationship.

I feel pretty bad. Did I do the wrong thing?
>>
Nope. Your hands are clean. Let her words float by like so much hot air.
>>
You didn't do anything wrong, you saved him some trouble by being honest.

Don't let mind games with other people complicate your friendships, just be straight up if you go way back.
>>
>>16901872
No. If she literally can't understand that you have zero romantic intention towards him that's on her. And I'm sure your friend feels the same way.
>>
>>16901872
she sounds like an insufferable cunt.
Continue with the bro tier friendship. Its healthy for boys to have positive female friends.
>>
You did everything right. First you respected his gfs wishes and steped back, which is a good friend move. Then you were honest when he asked. You did good lady.
>>
Honestly I can't blame her for being jealous.

Men are only that close with a female if they want to bang her. I mean, I have platonic male friends too, but I don't have male "best friends". And when my guy friends have a girlfriend I respect their space. Its like bro code for chicks.

She still sounds like a bitch the way she handled it though. But it was the mature thing to do when you backed off.

Maybe your best friend has a crush on you and thats why he was mad.
>>
I wish had a friendship like yours. All my childhood friends put the girls like that before me and ended up miserable and feel too awkward to talk to me anymore.
It is very hard to make good friends now a days. Male sure you value your friendship. You are lucky to have someone who cares about you that much.
>>
>>16901872
Sounds like you just saved your friend from a crazy chick, good job

>>16901905
this and
>>16901909
kinda this

>She still sounds like a bitch the way she handled it though. But it was the mature thing to do when you backed off.
Yeah for one if she found it uncomfortable I think she should talk it over with him first rather than trying to do something behind his back

Being jealous is normal, but she acted like retard
>>
Have sex with him OP.
>>
>>16901872
If you werent a retard this would have never happened. Because you cant defend yourself he had to do it which of course meant a break up. How retarded do you have to be to cut out your bf.
That being said, no you shouldnt be super close to a guy. Imagine if your husband left you ever single day to go hang out with some other girl for hours.
>>
>>16901954
Do not listen to this person is not right in their head.
>>
The only mistake you made was letting him get a girlfriend to begin with and not just marrying him already.
>>
>>16901872
No, bros before hoes. Life-long friendships are rare, no need to distance yourself because of some jealous bitch.

I've sorta had the same thing happening to me and my friend. We're both male. And she still got jealous at us hanging out so often
>>
>>16901872
>She said it's unfair that he still divides a lot of his time to me when she should be getting all his attention.

Hah.

>>16901909
>Men are only that close with a female if they want to bang her

As another male who's best friend is female.

Nope.

To be honest, my girlfriend's said before that at the start of our relationship, she was kind of nervous/threatened about my best friend too, but then one day she saw us hanging out and it just kind of clicked for her that we have absolutely no sexual tension and that we're just bros.

So yeah, I get why she might feel kind of weird about it.

but that line from above means she's was controlling, need, and insecure as fuck. A relationship is a partnership, not a ownership.

btw, my girlfriend and best friend are pretty close now and almost talk more than my friend and I do at times lol.
>>
>>16901909
I wouldn't go to as far as wanting to bang her, but I do agree that men and women can't be just friends unless both are straight up homosexual. There's always at least a hint of sexual tension between heterosexual men and women as we have very little control over our most primal urges, most of us can however control ourselves and just decide not to act upon them and keep things as they are.

I do however recommend people to be more straight about these things, especially girls just so that we would have way less these bitter fedora gentlemen running about.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.