[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Savage people online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (124 KB, 489x362) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
124 KB, 489x362
I usually don't come here often because of the insane amount of fucked up racist, or just fucked up in general, things ppl say online. It gets to a point where I'm actually scared that there are people out there that actually think like the ppl who comment online. Does anyone else feel that way? It's like a very sad, scary uncomfortable feeling.
>>
>>16901751

Yes, I am afraid to post because I am afraid people might tease me. I built up the courage to reply to you because I sense a kindred soul.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>16901751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EogjXitgw0
>>
>>16901773
Thanks. the last time I was here I posted about easier ways to cope after my dad died of a heart attack. The responses were cruel. No idea why people are cruel in the first place when a person's just asking for advice. Normally people are mean to people who do something negative to them first.
>>
>>16901791
I'm glad heart disease is hereditary and one day you too will have one
>>
>>16901799
Yeah. Comments like that, I guess.
>>
So if someone wants to explain why ppl are vicious online....I would appreciate it, really.
>>
>>16901944
People are like that in real life they just do not say it. People are free to express themself you need to learn not to care what they say or tell them to fuck off. The rest of the world does not matter just the people you are close with.
>>
>>16901944
some possibilities
>they're actually like that IRL but they have to play nice all day at work/school/home and this is the only place they get to be a jerk without repercussions
>they're having a bad day, a med reaction, or some other circumstance that is making them not themselves
>they're being edgy because being an internet tough guy makes them feel like their dick isn't the size of a tic tac
>sometimes comments that are not really vicious but just sound kinda rude are due to people having a hard time wording things for whatever reason. some folks forget that tone of voice etc. don't come across in a text-only medium

idk about anybody else but "it's only the internet" always seemed almost like an excuse to me. maybe other people don't feel the same way, but I have always been acutely aware that there was another human being on the other end of the internet connection. I mean, who do they think is doing the typing on the other end, ghosts? no it's not the same as face to face communication. but it's still communication between people.

it was not until I started going on 4chan that I started loosening up and taking stuff said on the internet less seriously. I have always been mouthy to the point of sometimes being rude, but in the end I don't actually want to hurt anybody. this place is a good pressure valve for that because people don't take it seriously. but even now I don't generally tell people to go kill themselves or whatever. and I don't act the same way on other websites as I do here.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1242x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1242x706
>>16901799
Nevermind. I know why people troll now.

Thanks for the example.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.