[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know what to do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1425x1425
I feel sad all the time and want to cry a lot.

I have a chronic illness and my life is just sleeping and pain.

I have a family but I can't talk to them about it because nobody knows how I feel inside. The only thing that will ever stop it is me not being here.
>>
>>16901484

What's the illness? How old are you? What's your financial situation? Am I correct in the assumption that you don't have to work and have your future taken of on a middle class level?

P.S. You are correct that people can't relate at all though.
>>
>>16901491
I'm 28, it's a musculoskeletal condition, I get disability but I am in no means financially secure. I never tell anyone how I feel but tonight I feel like I can't take it anymore.
>>
>>16901511

So is there no hope of recovery whatsoever? Are you on painkillers of any sort? Does It ease off occasionally?
>>
>>16901527
Recovery is very rare. The pain goes from painful tooth ache levels to full on heart attack grade pain. I take Tramadol and Mirtazypine so I can at least get a little bit of sleep. It never really stops.
>>
>>16901539

I don't know, if I were you, I would be fucking with meditation (Tummo, Transcendental specifically, because they are the only ones that have been properly studied). I consider it a waste of time for normal people, but I do think there *might* be something there. I would recommend lucid dreaming as well, but I imagine that will just keep you from falling asleep, or make you wake, which is a huge no-no obviously.

Does it prevent you from focusing? The only other things for you to do are to learn to draw, play an instrument, maybe code. Hopefully, at some points you will be able to forget yourself. Though I don't know how that works - I imagine your pain is sporadic in intensity, which is the worst, because if it was constant, you would eventually be able to ignore it to some point.

What happens if you exercise? I assume the pain is all over?
>>
>>16901484
Unfortunately what your describing is becoming more and more common. Rates of depression and suicides are on a constant climb up.

I wish I could give the kind of advice that would help fix your feelings, however the only true working remedy is 'distraction'.

That is why some people turn to alcohol abuse, heavy drugs or bingeing on video games and tv. To distract them from the realities of their existence
>>
>>16901484
OP there are other ways to deal with physical pain besides drugs, have you gone to a pain clinic they are supposed deal with this kind of stuff

i cant even imagine how it must be to be living with your condition, however suicide will only add more misery to your family,

I bet you have tried lots of stuff to deal with this pain, but you really have to make it a challenge and find a way to keep your mind busy in order to not focus on the pain all the time, i really hope you get well someday OP
>>
>>16901645
I went to the pain clinic and no shit they said "anon have you ever considered not thinking about it and trying to ignore it."

I dont bother with then anymore. I have a fried who taught me some relaxation techniques but they don't really help all that much.

I'm just so down and I have no escape but thank you for taking the time to talk to me all of you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.