[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After failing countless times, I've become pretty pessimistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 091873274861894.png (312 KB, 413x455) Image search: [Google]
091873274861894.png
312 KB, 413x455
After failing countless times, I've become pretty pessimistic to the idea that I'll ever be able to create substantial change in my life. I'm not pursuing anything grand, I just want to pull my life back together and commit to routines of exercise, healthy eating, learning, skill acquisition and discipline. How do I sum up the willpower and motivation to try and pursue change once more when I'm so tired of letting myself down? How do I convince myself that this time won't be like every other?
>>
>>16901267
>Step 1: Stop coming to 4chan
>Step 2: Go to Step 1
>>
I post the same videos everyday to every single faggot that comes here asking the same question.

Guess what, you and other hundreds of thousands of fags feel the same, big fucking surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00atlIwwPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMnMp-d5pKs

Chances are you already know what you have to do but are procrastinating here. Wait, did I say chances? No, fuck that. You ALREADY KNOW what to do. Thats a given.
>>
File: Senjougahara.Hitagi.600.253404.jpg (50 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
Senjougahara.Hitagi.600.253404.jpg
50 KB, 411x600
>>16901378
This.

Also, stop throwing words like discipline and motivation around if they don't mean anything to you. Nobody can talk about these things like they are easily acquired, but this is a lifestyle change. You must change almost everything about yourself to transition to this type of growth mindset. Look up growth mindset if you are not able to come up with your own definition, and read up about it.

I used to be a very reserved person until I made this change, and it changed me from a shy, anxious person to a very self-confident one who isn't really afraid of any sort of failure or rejection.

The best approach is to just accept that you are going to fail a fuckton. I can't express this enough. You are going to fuck up and fail. You will also make bad decisions, and you must accept that you will make mistakes. However, you must learn from them, change your approach, and keep trying.

Find what you are talented in and work on it. If you aren't naturally talented in anything then work hard and put in effort into something until you become good at what you do.

Speak to people who have qualities that you want and ask questions that will give you insight into what their mindset, thought processes, and lifestyle is like in order to decide whether something is really for you.

Want to get in better shape and get better eating habits? Go to the gym and talk to people who are in shape or a personal trainer if you can. Want to put more effort into learning? Study more and talk to people who are knowledgeable in subjects that you want to improve in. Ask questions.

However, despite all of these things, the most important thing is to accept failure, and relish it. I appreciate my failures as much as I enjoy my successes, because it keeps me from getting a big head and teaches me how I can improve in what I do. Be willing to try new things, even if they are completely unfamiliar to you.
>>
>>16901378
Why?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.