[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm honestly pretty distraught, I'm not getting matches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (558 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
558 KB, 3264x2448
I'm honestly pretty distraught, I'm not getting matches on tinder. I know I'm not blacklisted because I've gotten four over the last month, but...really? I'm definitely not ugly, I'll post pics later in the thread if necessary. I know most of the chicks in my area wouldn't like my style, but not ugly by any means.

Is tinder known, especially recently, for doing things like making your profile appear less? I'm seeing girls on there that would strip on omegle for me, so I know some shit is going on here. Not trying to sound douchey, it's been a long semester so far and I am going through a dry patch since my last hookup back in like early January
>>
>>16901236
Just ask people out in person pussy
>>
>>16901241
Do you know where I'm from? It sounds like you don't do that much, because I do it just as much as the area I live in would allow me without being bitched out by basic bitches
>>
>>16901236
Work on your profile picture and description. Try to make them different, interesting and playful.
Be sure to check some of the Tinder do's and don'ts when it comes to profiles as they might help you fix some of the more common problems with profiles.
>>
>>16901251
As far the whole no selfies rule I literally don't get that. As a dude what kind of pictures am I supposed to he taking? Do girls really not like a selfie inherently because it's a selfie, even if the dude is cute/hot?
>>
So what can I do to reset tinder?
>>
You can't be simply "not ugly"
You have to be hot

This is your competition
>>>/fit/36337120
>>
>>16901307
I'm not ripped but skinny. I have a full body as my first pic
>>
If your face is not your first main profile pic then of course you're going to get no matches from humans, baka.
Also you could be smiling weird/wrong and then you get the insta-creep swipe left of disgust.
tldr; take better pictures
>>
>>16901301
Btw did you read that thread? Lmao
>>
File: defaulttinder.png (474 KB, 688x688) Image search: [Google]
defaulttinder.png
474 KB, 688x688
>>16901483
here's the pic i was rocking for the last month or so, not bad, got plenty of likes on other stuff.

i then changed it to the next one i'll post which I can SEE how some chicks might go for the its too much smile angle and find it creepy but i thought the emo bitches would eat it up
>>
>>16901513
It looks like you're in the middle of transitioning. If I saw that, I'd think caitlyn jenner in the works.

Put your hair in a bun. Women are not attracted to a whip-my-hair-backnforth kind of look.
>>
>>16901513

You hit the nail on the head. You are relatively attractive, but you are also perceived as "that faggot" by a lot of conventionally attractive women.
>>
>>16901676
i look like a chick? oh hell no. it must be that i blocked out the eyes

and if i was going to do anything a BUN would be the last thing. do i look like an annoying vaping hipster to you

seriously though what is feminine about me? i think you're literally basing all of that off of my long hair, which bitches love btw. what is "whip-my-hair-backnforth"? Like that song? are you calling me a tiny black girl
>>
>>16901236

Stop taking your self worth from Tinder. If you even open that app for like 30 seconds, it'll keep you up for the next few hours for people to swipe through. I'd bet that 70-80% of the women you think are actively swiping left on you never even saw your picture in the first place.

Tinder's gotten worse and worse over the months as more and more bots erase the novelty from the site that existed when it was really on fire like a year ago.
>>
>>16901688
for sure, can you analyze this a bit for me?

I know as far as your typical suburban real-housewife-to-be types its because Im anything BUT a shaved headed car modding piece of shit, but beyond them, tell me how i can appeal to a more broad demographic you know?

not that i want to this much, I've been growing my hair for years now and personally, I'm pretty happy with how i look
>>
>>16901694
i dont deny this, in fact its what I'm concerned with. id rather put it to rest knowing they rejected me than never saw me. Ive seen so many chicks on there that i KNOW if i was talking to them would like me, you know how with your intuition you can just tell sometimes?

but even though what you're saying is true, in some areas its still thriving. theres a whole fucking reddit board of all the goddamn places full of dudes meeting new chicks.

dont get me wrong, i have game but the setup is rare around where i live. its stuck up bitches central, you'd think it was california
>>
>>16901698

> Im anything BUT a shaved headed car modding piece of shit

That's awfully specific. The point is that you will attract artsy (but mostly pretend artsy) girls with that look. If you shaved your silly goatee and had a decent haircut, you would be appealing to a much wider demographic, and you wouldn't be losing anything but try-hard girls, who are usually fat or delusional.

I have nothing against you or your look, but I know for a fact that a lot of people do. It's also an absolute fact, as far as I am concerned, that by following the advice above you would appeal to exponentially more women, yes, including college age.
>>
>>16901720
but that's where I CAME from, I did the whole nerdy look (i wear glasses btw just not for every picture because glare) and desu I've gotten much better responses now. The shaving thing i dont have a problem with, desu I'm trying to grow a beard but my sides come in slow, and I could have a mexican mustache overnight so give that a few years.

what i meant with the whole shaved head thing is just a stereotypical example of the kind of swagfag kids by me, i live in suburban NY so maybe you get it? idk

define to me a decent haircut that still involves most of the length. i like the length. its actually one of my favorite features about myself. also, this doesn't much matter, but are you a dude or a chick
>>
>>16901720
btw one more note, I'm not rejecting your advice just helping you to give me it here: i have a total babyface without the little goatee. i used to rock JUST the pencil stash and i honestly screwed myself over in high school, or half of it, by keeping it. but i trim the goatee, i can see why some people wouldn't like it, I'm not denying that, they would definitely see it as like a loser attempt at just having a beard, which i cannot fully grow
>>
>I'm honestly pretty distraught, I'm not getting matches on tinder

Stopped reading there. Seriously? Go outside.
>>
>>16901740

Just don't do facial hair unless you can do a it properly, which you can't. As far as decent haircuts that involve "most of the length" - there is nothing involving most of the length - I meant haircuts that aren't completely short, but with hair on the front not reaching your eyebrows. Also short hair =/= nerd.

You have a lot of shallow associations, but I am guessing the tinder girls don't know that, so that's pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>16901750

It's all good. You don't have a babyface though.

>>16901753

Yea, he is really into himself, good thing he is decent looking or he would be fucked.
>>
>>16901753
this semester has been rough, i could make a whole separate thread about this but since you bought it up:

i already go to a pretty non social community college. its the end of my 2nd year, and up until this semester I've mostly had classes that were decently hard, but not without a kind of social aspect. last semester was great, i now have a kind of side group of friends, but i dont have many friends in general desu. Its not for any particular reason, well I guess it is. I'm picky. Im one of those dudes who you can throw into most conversations and ill take the piss one way or another, but as far as people i want to voluntarily spend time with, eh. even the few from my old school upstate, the ones that aren't preoccupied with having a white-bread-ass relationship, are kind of falling to the wayside. I've got this one friend who wants to be a musician but works at a beer store and cant even get his ass up and moving to get into the community college I'm in, which he's missed for like 3 semesters now, so over a year of basically procrastinating when he just needs to call our old school to try and rescind debt payments.

So, this semester is especially stressful. I'm already having a hard time figuring out what i want to go into. desu, and this is about to get edgy, I dislike the inherent economic and political system in place (/pol/ as fuck) and I dont want to dedicate my life to slaving away in it, so finding a job to make decent money and live on my own terms is hard. btw, that shouldn't be a hard thing to do. i doubt half the people on here could even relate, but, I had to more or less quit smoking weed because idk if its stress or my inherent genealogy but weeds been giving me anxiety in large doses after 4 years of use, so i lack the old goofy relaxation substance i had.

then we move on to women, who i can definitely talk to, especially sluts, Ive grown into this mindset where I try to move a convo to sex so fast because most women aren't even worth
>>
>>16901513
the hair isnt the problem its gorgeous(or sexy? if you want manlier terms) seriously you pull it off very well . maybe lose the facial hair though and take a better picture you look kind of frumpy
>>
>>16901778
talking to, they're either full blown retarded, or lacking in any actual wisdom, humor, morals, or the above. so its easier for me to pursue sluts who i can be friendly with, dont get me wrong, but leave me as empty as I was when I began. this is why this whole tinder thing bothers me so much, its one of the best online means I have to meet girls to fuel this new trend in my life. If you're asking why I dont look for nicer girls on tinder, it's tinder. why would you date someone who goes on an app like that (yes, that is a double standard for me, but I know that I'm trustworthy)

so I can see why you and >>16901762 think "wow he's really self absorbed" and shallow and it really doesn't matter, but right now, these small things sustaining my ego are the only things keeping my self, my motives, and drive for the future able to function. I make videos right now and I have a lot I force myself to work on, work hard play harder. So when I want to play so to speak, it breaks my heart that one of my main methods isn't giving me the returns.

by nerdy, I meant myself. obviously not all short haired men are nerds, but I was. It did not work for me. So I know that I look at least better than that if not closer to my best as I do right now.

What are some of these haircuts you're thinking about? Hair on the front not reaching my eyebrows implies cutting it pretty short, doesnt it?

I think another thing that breaks my heart is a hypothetical: if I did something drastic to my look at this point and it did result in way more chicks talking to me, It would make me upset that they didn't like me as I am now or close to it. Because I love myself physically now more than I ever have in life, maybe could stand to lose a belly pound or two, but still. I'm happy. And thats the fucked up part, after everything I said, I really am a romantic who's been turned off to pursuing it. I've been around the block way too many times for this stage of my life.

>>16901762
>>
File: tinder2.png (937 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
tinder2.png
937 KB, 720x960
>>16901780
I might be uggo then because if that picture is 'frumpy' (which btw what exactly does that mean) then that means one of the better pictures I've taken in months is frumpy. thanks for the hair thing, though.

>>16901780
>>16901762
what is it you guys dont like about my chin hair? Is it the length? here's a closer look and also the pic i have on tinder rn. it might be TOO happy so i can see why that would be bad
>>
Is your name Douglas F. R. P*****?
>>
>>16901874
no lol that sounds like some fucking fantasy fiction writer haha

"The Moon's Tomorrow" by Douglas F. R. Printer
>>
>>16901821
It's scraggly as fuck. Don't grow your facial hair unless it's full.
Your chin looks like lawn grass in a drought.
Your chin looks like the sparse hairs around your asshole relocated to your face.
>>
>>16901880
Douglas Fiber Reinforced Plastic
>>
>>16901897
lmao my sides

when it gets long i can see that, but i keep it pretty trim, like, I just cant bring myself to see how that would be off-putting. I've known dirty as dudes in HS that had the same kind of shit, but THAT was scraggily, ill go see if i can get a picture of this kid

okay, see that? its hard to tell for you i bet, but THIS is what you're talking about. he's also a dirtier kid in general so maybe not a fair comparison, but his whole chin thing is scraggily and shit
>>
File: lolll.png (209 KB, 206x577) Image search: [Google]
lolll.png
209 KB, 206x577
>>16901908
forgot pic

>>16901900
is this a meme I'm unaware of or something, it sounds too perfect
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 267x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 267x282
>>16901821
Your chin hair is the male equivalent of bad eyebrows on a girl. Like I can understand why a girl is tempted to fill in her eyebrows or a guy would want a little styled facial hair (it can look great) but that shit is not flattering for you, you're doing it wrong. You've gone out of your way to make yourself look worse. It makes people think a lot of things about you, none of them good.
>>
File: old.png (498 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
old.png
498 KB, 480x640
>>16901912
you should have seen my high school mustache haha

well lets say i wanted to shave it, what are some options? i cant just be nude faced, it doesn't work for me, trust me. i just lose my masculine edge and end up looking baby soft

what if i kept the under lip and ditched it? i just feel like it wouldn't look right, what if i trimmed it REALLY short haha, heres an old pic where it was barely long at all, this was right after i switched from the mustache, ill try to find a pic of that bc its honestly pretty funny
>>
>>16901911
It matches his tousled hair look at least. Your hair is long and full and well taken care of, the sparse facial hairs conflict and make you look like a w2m on T.
>>
>>16901919
You don't need chin hair to keep your "masculine" edge if you have strong eyebrows.
>>
File: a meme is born.png (573 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
a meme is born.png
573 KB, 537x720
>>16901912
found it

now tell me I'm honestly not better off with my beard just cleaned

like, i just tried to cover my face to see what it'd look like and i just look worse without it altogether
>>
>>16901921
>>16901924
i guess, i can definitely see your points, but i wouldn't know HOW to change it. suggestions?
>>
>>16901925
It's weird at first, but just trust me you'll like it shaved. Shaved face, full head of hair, strong eyebrows (let em grow wild.)
Don't style your hair across your forehead/eyebrows, it'll ruin it.
>>
>>16901940
i never fuck with my eyebrows so they're good i guess

i just cant bring myself to do it, haha, what about just the under lip hair? i love those little guys, see >>16901821
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 414x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 414x640
Just google image pictures of "Jonny Depp long hair" and pick your favorite degree of facial hair. Obviously I'm pushing for pic related, but he's done it all
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 439x500
>>16901947
Maybe like this much. Any more and you just look in the mirror too much playing with them
>>
File: right now.png (421 KB, 577x518) Image search: [Google]
right now.png
421 KB, 577x518
>>16901952
for pic related, that just looks like me with my hair behind my ears
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 675x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 675x618
At this length I feel the need to photoshop a kitten batting that little tuft around
>>
>>16901821
>I might be uggo then
You are pretty cute.
But not well groomed.
For your info most girls will ignore you if you don't put at least a little bit effort on your looks no matter how good you look initially.

This means get rid of that fuckig hair and you'll be a chick magnet.
The hair on your chest, on your face, and on your head. If you really wanna have long hair make sure it's still not longer than this.
>>
>>16901821
The hair is awful. Femanon here
>>
>>16901960
Why do you have a neckbeard?
>>
>>16901960
Lose the goate.
Tie the hair back.
>>
File: 20160311_153714.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160311_153714.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
If we are talking about ugliness, what do you suggest to fix myself femanons?
>>
wow this thread is still alive?

>>16903983
my ponytail looks dumb. Idk I'm kinda past this thread, I wasn't really looking for look advice, i trimmed my beard a little bit, >>16903939
it's on my chin btw, but I'm not really worried about what you guys think, the main question I was going after was does tinder ban people and if so what for. >>16903869 yeah, ok, sure

>>16904106
less death stare thats for sure
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.