[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I live in Tennessee and am gonna go to one of the Technical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1457584932439.jpg (25 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
1457584932439.jpg
25 KB, 500x458
Hey guys, I live in Tennessee and am gonna go to one of the Technical College of Applied Technology's near me to sign up for a trade to start in the fall. It is between 2 or 3 things I think. I was thinking about either Welding, Electrician, Hvac, or Automotive Technology. As of right now I have really no skills in either of them, but I like the thought of being an electrician because I think the wiring could be really fun and I do want to make good money and have a secure job. What does /adv/ think would be best for me? Thanks so much!
>>
>>16901178
Bump
>>
are you me?
>>
Don't do HVAC.
>>
>>16901432
Why's that?
>>
>>16901178

I hope that's not one of those shitty for profit colleges whose names I forgot. Because most of the people doing "Automotive Technology" after those are changing brake pads for $8/hr while being required to buy their own tools for $5000.

Electrician seems to be hit or miss - I hear of Master Electricians making close to 100k and of people being unable to find jobs.

Welding was the thing to do out in oil fields, personally know a guy pulling $80,000, but I don't know if demand is going to stay and how rare those jobs are.

I think most people doing HVAC eventually try to learn AutoCAD and/or get an engineering degree.
>>
>>16901643
I just dont want to get a degree because I dont want to go to liberal arts colleges
>>
>>16901178
Bump
>>
>>16901643
Is there any trade job that's stable nowadays?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.