[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've spent about the past decade of my life getting away
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1439255979779.jpg (64 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
1439255979779.jpg
64 KB, 800x530
I've spent about the past decade of my life getting away with doing nothing. Now that doesn't fly so I need to turn my shit around. I know what I need to do (as in what tasks must be finished) but I just can't fucking bring myself to do them regularly, if at all. I've been in a pretty bad depression for a few years now, so that plus having never formed good habits results in this situation.

How do I get any amount of motivation? I've never felt as bad as now, when I can see a problem and the solution but feel completely unable to do anything about it. I spend most of my days feeling like I spectate my life, not making any decisions. When I'm home I do nothing for hours, or just go back to sleep. Realizing the consequences of this behavior doesn't do anything me. I've had a few times where I try working with to-do lists, seriously telling myself that I'm going to get a routine, etc. but it just never happens. If anyone else has dealt with this kind of thing before I'd like to hear anything about how to get out of it.
>>
holy fuckfuck are you me?

>I spend most of my days feeling like I spectate my life
that fucking feeling...
>>
>>16900969

I feel like it's the most common symptom of depression. Also I can tell my life is highly ritualized even though it's without structure. I think the same things in the same places (shower, etc), do things the same way each time, shit like that. I've given up on any sense of agency or free will or whatever.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.