[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have two springer spaniels and suddenly they've become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 65261-425x282-Springer_spaniel.jpg (14 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
65261-425x282-Springer_spaniel.jpg
14 KB, 425x282
So I have two springer spaniels and suddenly they've become much more aggressive.

Our father is currently in the hospital for chemo and that means the dogs haven't seen him for a few days. They also are in their cages for about 8 hours a day due to me and my mother's jobs.

Last night they got into a skuffle with one another and one accidentally bit my hand. That has NEVER happened with them before. Today they are barking and going nuts in our yard because our neighbor brought her new dog outside. They bark at other dogs, sure. But to the extend where they DON'T listen to us when we try and call them in? Never happens.

Even in the home they've been growling and nipping at each other.

Can any dog expert help us?
>>
>>16900532
>They also are in their cages for about 8 hours a day

This doesn't take an expert
>>
>havent seen their master
>cages 8 HOURS A DAY (jesus..that's terrible)

you need to be the dominant one and correct bad behavior and NEED to give them crazy exercise.

i learn this from cesar milan
>>
>>16900532
The pecking order is now unclear and they are trying to establish dominance over each other and perhaps you and your mom.

>>16900549
This.

Watch some Cesar Milan.
Establish dominance. Use his finger grip method.
Provide exercise. Even a treadmill works. But walks help dominance and bonding.
>>
File: fright.jpg (59 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
fright.jpg
59 KB, 1024x683
>>16900532
Don't let people here act like your dog's behavior is a result of being kept in a kennel.

The real issue is you don't have a pack leader, and you obviously don't exercise them. If they're going to sit in a box for 8 hours, then you need to take them on multi mile walks or runs when you get home. Fatigue will make them more manageable.

It's also obvious from your "oh mah gawd what do I do!" post that there is no longer a pack leader in your house now that your father is in chemo. Good luck with the chemo by the way, my father just beat Stage 4 "terminal" cancer. They told him he had months to live. He told them to go fuck themselves and, a year and a half later, he has the shit beaten. But I digress.

Being a pack leader is kind of like picking up women. It's about your body language. It's about confidence. It's about expecting things from your owned animal and receiving those things.
>Last night they got into a skuffle with one another
That should never happen when the pack leader is there. If it does, the pack leader "nips" them both to remind them who the big dick in the room is. What did you do?
>one accidentally bit my hand
So let me guess, you hesitantly stuck your hands down in there between them while your mother was shrilly screaming "OH MAH GAWD" in the background? Yeah no. Last time a dog came at my dog on a walk, I put myself between me and the oncoming dog, puffed up my chest, and literally BARKED at it as loud as I could and started heading straight for it. The stupid little fuckstick did a pic related and decided against it. My dog? He laid down like he was taking a nap. Daddy had things handled.

You don't get mad. You don't start shit. You DO act as if you will be obeyed without hesitation and when you are not, you remind them via discipline and exercise. Oh you want to get snippy with me? On goes the leash and we're going for a walk for a little stop and go, lie down, sit down, stand up bitch boy training. Cont.
>>
>>16900596
>>16900532
You will have so many fuckshit people telling you:
>Oh it's his feelings!
>OH, it's the kennel!
>OH, they've just got "personality"!
Fuck that shit. YOU own the dog, not the other way around but do you even understand how many people act the complete opposite?

Like my best friend's wife who, whenever my best friend tries to discipline their PITBULL, she frets and gets anxious:
>oh my gawd don't be mean! he's just a boy! he's still learning! stay away from MY dog!
And lo and behold guess what's happening? The dog is slowly acting like the pack leader head of househould. I wonder if it'll start filing their taxes too for fuck's sake.

You know who the dog listens to? me. because I don't get scared. When he bum rushes me, I remind his bitch ass not to touch me without my permission.

I grew up around rottweilers. I've lived this since the ripe old age of 4 when my babysitter - who were farmers - taught me where the dog's place was compared to humans - at our fucking feet being respectful.

I'll get hate for these posts. I don't give a shit. I live my advice and it works. Other people don't and then wonder why little children get mauled. I have no respect for people who don't understand that WE own the DOG. Not the other way around.

Good luck.
>>
>>16900596
>Don't let people here act like your dog's behavior is a result of being kept in a kennel.

8 hours a day locked a cage isn't good for a dog and at the very least is contributing. if you don't have the time for a dog because of work or whatever, you shouldnt have one.

cats are good alternative.
>>
>>16900596
This.

Also, about the 8 hour caging thing everyone else is talking about, you really should take heart to that anon because spaniels are a high energy breed.
>>
>>16900596
>>16900611
This shit is entirely true, especially for more independent dog breeds (Doberman owner here) and these posts were fucking funny to read. I like the way you write, anon.
>>
>>16900613
>>16900614
>>16900623
Much love. Thank you for giving me the space to go on my irate internet rant.

I just really, really despise dog owners who, through their own failings, create situations where little children or even adults are mauled and killed. This is absolutely on the dog owners, both the overly aggressive "my dog needs to be a killer" owners as well as the people who are actually owned by their dogs.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.