[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For the past year or so my mental health has been slipping..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: _86138691_brainscans.png (224 KB, 660x336) Image search: [Google]
_86138691_brainscans.png
224 KB, 660x336
For the past year or so my mental health has been slipping.. All I can think about is existence and conciousness/life. I have intense feelings of surrealism (derealization) and have great fits of anger (breaking things, self harming - hitting myself, stabbing and cutting). I have also been thinking for the past few months or so that my military neighbors and nearly everyone is a part of some alien experiment and I am their isolationismesque experiment in which they see just how much negative mental health issues a human being can take - and if they are intelligent enough to create this environment then they are intelligent enough to create a disillusion in my perception - but I slowly hop back into what we call "reality". I just want to know if anyone else has ever been thru this... I know the first thing you're all going to think is "Schizophrenia" but that does nothing - all schizophrenia means is mental patterns and thinking that humans cannot understand. Is this common? or am I losing it.
>>
You should see a professional.
>>
>>16900307
I would like to but I have a hard time trusting psychiatrists since all they want to do is throw their pharmaceuticals at me and diagnose me with multiple mental illnesses.
>>
>>16900311
I know it's hard, but just give it a try. Just because something is a "drug" doesn't mean it's automatically bad for you. They are made with the intent of helping specific problems.

A good therapist will work closely with you to provide the both emotional support and proper medication.
>>
>>16900296
I know the first thing you're all going to think is "Schizophrenia" but that does nothing - all schizophrenia means is mental patterns and thinking that humans cannot understand.

No it means you are crazy you idiot.
People causing harm to themselves, having paranoid delusions, and psychosis isn't just "regular people just don't understand"

> Is this common?
No. Go see a doctor.

>>16900311
Because you are mentally ill. If you came here for some sort of validation that you aren't crazy then you aren't going to get it.
>>
>>16900368
I still don't think I'm crazy, you're the crazy one for not knowing that you're stuck in an awful reality.
>>
>>16900651
Wouldn't say you are delusional just misunderstood. However you do need to seek professional help before you harm yourself or others. Seek therapy from a psychologist and not a phrchiatrist. The psychiatrist are the ones that prescribe medication while the psychologist does not.
>>
>>16900651
Your only mental illness is that you think you are a good troll.
>>
>>16900296
Schizophrenia.
Literally everything you listed is an early sign. Get an evaluation and get on meds before you completely break through and are too traumatized to even try to function
>>
If you have questions about your own mental health, you should be seeing a psychiatrist, not asking 4chan.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
>>
I think it could be maybe be depression, Aspergers, and anxiety
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.