[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a resource out there to self-check my communication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: garbage can.jpg (84 KB, 1080x675) Image search: [Google]
garbage can.jpg
84 KB, 1080x675
Is there a resource out there to self-check my communication style and compare it to other people in relationships?

My current girlfriend and I do not communicate well, and I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to communicate effectively. The complaint I have is that she tells me she's going to do X.. and then does Y in the moment. When I try to discuss it with her, she always apologizes, but repeats the behavior. I understandably have a problem with getting "sorrys" instead of results, so I explain that her behavior is bringing me down and I need her to stop.

it's like talking to a wall because then the "you're so mean" and "you talk down to me" and "I don't want to talk about us" start coming out. To me... it's not "mean" to hold people accountable, especially when it affects my emotional and mental health. But this is apparently demeaning?

Is there anywhere I can find examples of successful couples just talking? Or transcripts or something? I want to communicate like a successful couple and if I need to improve my communication, I want to do that.
>>
Look up love languages.

There's an official test. Take it. Then have her take it.

It will show you both what you appreciate as gestures from others, rating the five categories--Affirmation, Favors, Gifts, Quality Time, and Touch-- from greatest to least. It does a pretty good job of telling you how to make your liver happy and show them you love them best.

As for fighting and shit, no. Idk if there's a service for that...
>>
>>16899365
Thank you for the reply anon, I had given up. I will google it!
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.