[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever developed feelings for a friend, and then decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: friends.gif (7 KB, 435x81) Image search: [Google]
friends.gif
7 KB, 435x81
Has anyone ever developed feelings for a friend, and then decided to tell them about it? What was the reason why you told them/held it in until then? What were the results?
Conversely, has a friend ever expressed feelings for you, and how did you deal with it?
Perhaps mention gender roles as I imagine male/females respond/ask differently.

Backstory:
>College Male
>I feel like I'm developing feelings for a female friend who I get along with very well
>Have decided to distance myself a bit to stop them from developing into much stronger ones
>Do not wish to get stuck in situation where I am holding in strong feels, or express them and make things weird since this friendship means a lot to me
>>
touch her boobs and see how she reacts
>>
>>16898859
>Developed feelings for a fellow male friend, never felt this way before
>end up telling him after we had a great night out together
>nothing changes
>eventually says he feels the same but doesn't want to be in a relationship
>over the next few weeks I'm really upset over it cause I don't see why we can't be together
>tells me he doesn't like me anymore
>huge falling out
>back as friends a few days later, now we talk a lot less but still hang out, I don't know how he feels anymore and I'm too afraid to bring it up ever again in case everything fucks up again
>>
Yeah one of my friends was interested in me at one point. Thing is that she had sex with four guys before, while I was a virgin. That just turned me off and I politely rejected her.
>>
>>16898936
Now we've come this far, to the heart of social dynamics, and finally we are treated to this.. incredibly rare specimen... It's almost eerie to say the words out loud, as it seems to defy the concepts of commonly known gender roles.. Here.. For the first time on a social media platform we've been able to observe a... friendzoned female...
>>
This happened a few days ago, actually
>male
>grill friend of mine for a few years is showing signs of liking me
>smiles and turns away whenever I look at her, etc
>one day tells me that she loves me through text
>tell her that while I would be fine with dating her, I don't love her
>she says all right, "I'm practically over it anyway"
>We remain friends, see each other every day
Did I friendzone her? Is that what this is called?
>>
>>16898977
I believe you did, sir
>>
>>16898975
im a dude.
>>
>>16900301
even worse for you
>>
Same situation, OP. Half of me wants it to blow over, the other half would hate if my feelings just fade away and nothing happens. I thought this thing happens only when you're a kid, but it can happen to anyone. I hate it.
>>
>>16898859

>be grill
>develop crush on male friend in high school
>didn't tell him for years because i was worried about him not liking me
>finally date
>it's terrible
>any time i'm friends with someone and then date them it's terrible

At least in my case, if I don't have strong romantic/sexual feelings for someone when I meet them, it's just never going to happen.
>>
>>16898859
Female here. Fell in love with best friend (guy) when I was 18. Told him, not expecting him to tell me he loves me back. He told me he had feelings for someone else and wanted to remain friends. Up until then, I guessed that I'd probably be able to stay friends if he rejected me. Fucking wrong. It hurt like hell when he told me he didn't feel the same way, and the only way I could cope with my feelings was to completely ghost him. Do you know how fucking hard it is to ghost your best friend? It was fucking awful. Completely awful. So that sucked and yeah, not sure I'd recommend it to anyone, but I do know one friend (guy) who had a huge crush on a girl in our friend group. They were actually probably closer with each other than the rest of the people in our group. He told her he had feelings for her, she said she had zero interest in a relationship. He was a beta orbiter for 4 fucking years and finally she said she'd date him. On the dates they acted like friends because she wouldn't let him try any funny business. He was like "wow this is not what I expected" and they decided to stay friends. Nothing is weird between them because nothing happened, I guess. I actually feel like he still sort of likes her but is too ashamed to admit it. And now she thinks she's asexual (makes sense to the rest of us given other things about her). So I guess at least he knows he didn't get rejected for the idea of another guy, and I suppose that's the best outcome that could happen if it had to be a rejection?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.