[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For, anons that have spent 5+ years alone, how did you do it? Advice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0
For, anons that have spent 5+ years alone, how did you do it? Advice?
>>
>>16898791
I usually just breathe
>>
>>16898791
i became stronger then i thought was possible, but i also became colder and more calculating.
>>
Out of necessity i guess.
>>
>>16898791
I jack off from time to time and smoke some weed

It's people that are difficult you fucking insect
>>
Just try not to kill yourself and you should be fine.
>>
>>16898827
Easier said than done.
>>
What has helped me the most was finding a hobby/passion. Something that drives you everyday and that you can concentrate on all the time. I suggest you should look into an artistic or scientific discipline to deeply get into. Being alone will be the last thing you'll be concerned about then.
>>
>>16898791
I just put the gun to my head and pulled the trigger.

I felt endless sadness whenever an empty chamber was hit.

On the last that was left, I couldn't keep going anymore. I just cried until I couldn't keep crying.
>>
I found something else to keep myself occupied
>>
>>16898854
This.
I took up fine art and portrait photography, all on film and hand processed myself.
Got my fair share of sensual nude photos after fucking women and telling them to 'just stay in that light!'.. So I didn't quite reach the 5 years of loneliness mark.
>>
I stopped giving a shit about casual dating after college. The cigs and alcohol helped, I hardly jack off at all. It's also a huge ego boost to constantly turn down women at work and the bar. I love my private life too much and don't see any reason to suffer through relationship responsibilities any more. I'll date again if I ever meet someone I'm actually interested in.
>>
>>16898791
Dont ever fall in love. Ever.
>>
>>16898791

It isn't intentional. Start walking, force yourself to go outside, reinvest in old hobbies. It can eat some people alive. You'll come to realize life is worth going out and living. It's hard to articulate.

I was at a point when I didn't want to be here anymore. Tried offing myself. Was so drunk that I pulled the trigger before I got the rifle under my chin. The bullet went through the ceiling, fragmented, and went through the couch upstairs. Too poor to afford a new couch, but those holes serve as a reminder: I could have thrown away every good thing that happened to me after that.

Go out there and do something. You owe it to yourself. Take baby steps.

Things will be alright, then they'll get better, then they'll get good. Just be diligent. People are a lot less scary to be around if you stop thinking so much about the negative when you're around them.
>>
Internet friends, op. They save lives.
>>
>>16899031
/thread

Unless you like being dissapointed and heart-broken, in which case, carry on.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.