[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it legal to shoot a dog that is trespassing on your property?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: placement.jpg (15 KB, 403x232) Image search: [Google]
placement.jpg
15 KB, 403x232
Is it legal to shoot a dog that is trespassing on your property?

My neighbor has some pit bulls and German shepherds that keep trespassing on my property and I hate dogs, and these dogs annoy me.

If I put up some no Trespassing sings am I in my legal right to shoot the dogs without penalty so long as the bodies are returned to the owner?
>>
File: 1380446265432.jpg (36 KB, 258x257) Image search: [Google]
1380446265432.jpg
36 KB, 258x257
>>16898766

There are many other options to handle this situation that don't require you to murder an innocent creature.

You want us to tell you its ok and within your rights to kill someone's animals because they annoy you but we're absolutely not going to do that.

Call animal control, call the police. These are solutions. You kill their dogs and not only are you a piece of shit but you'll most certainly be charged with animal cruelty, seeing as they are merely annoying you, not endangering you.

Don't be a fucking dick.
>>
>>16898766
Calling the authorities is always an effective way to get rid of pesky animals.

Proof right here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdip3ypW6Kk
>>
build wall
>>
>>16898778
>anons the piece of shit for removing dog
>not the owner for being too much of a fuck to keep them on their own god damn property
>>
It's unlikely you are allowed to just shoot a dog dead because you don't like the look of it and it ran on to your lawn.

Your neighbor should be securing their dogs properly though. So it's simple enough to snitch on them, though if they own a pitbull and german shepherd they might be assholes.

Of course, you have limited responsibility to make sure your land is safe for dogs that shouldn't be there. If they nibble on something they shouldn't it's not your fault unless you left a cyanide laced steak out.
>>
>>16898778
>call the cops

Yeah, get the dog AND the owner shot.
>>
>>16898766
Ignore them or set up a proper fence.
Not only would you become hated in the neighborhood you might actually but your life and your property to a far greater risk than you might even anticipate.
That is to assume that you might actually want to do something else than guard your house 24/7 so that some batshit insane dog owner wont set your property on fire or just kill you.

Some people really love their dogs, I mean for some people they're just as important for them as their own children.
>>
File: retard.jpg (28 KB, 720x430) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
28 KB, 720x430
>>16898766
> Is it legal ...
Without knowing what nation you live in, I'm supposed to give you legal advice?

I'm wondering how someone of your intelligence managed to acquire a firearm. Don't they weed out retards in the background check?
>>
>>16898766
dogs can't read, you stupid fuck.

i have the same problem as you, some big ass dogs get loose and chase and terrorize my cats. know what i do? go outside and yell at those dogs until they run off like little bitches back to their house.

killing a dog? fuck you
>>
File: 1454318091549.png (40 KB, 354x470) Image search: [Google]
1454318091549.png
40 KB, 354x470
Perfectly legal in most countries

Dog owners need to keep a better handle on their dogs

That said, you might want to go talk to the owner and work something out before just blasting his animals, he might not even know
>>
>>16898766
To get any sound advice at all on this you need to tell us what country you're in, and if it's the US what state. Laws aren't universal - something that is perfectly legal in tx will get you 10 years in ny.

Also you should probably make this thread on >>>/k/ as it's a topic that crops up often. Most /k/ommando's are well versed in firearm and property laws, and I've seen maybe half a dozen guys on there who've actually done what you're suggesting, so they'll be able to give you an idea of what to expect after the event.
>>
>>16898766
swipe at it with a broom, set up a fence, and tell your neighbours to keep the little fucker away from you

4chan isn't a place for legal advise and we don't know where you're from. but unless it physically attacks you I'd go with "no".
>>
>>16898766
>keep trespassing on my property and I hate dogs, and these dogs annoy me.
>first option is to kill them

lmao this thread is so american that i dont get why the replies ask for your location...

just yell at them, or throw water or literally kick them if theyre srsly that annoying...but dont be killing animals you fucking pyschopath
>>
>>16899585
Discharging a firearm in city limits is NOT perfectly legal in most places. You better have a damn good reason you did what you did and you can be sure there will be some sort of investigation.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.