[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
been thirsty so long I forgot how to drink
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: fiona-apple-fallon-2012.jpg (55 KB, 608x450) Image search: [Google]
fiona-apple-fallon-2012.jpg
55 KB, 608x450
/adv/, I've been going through a dry spell, a severe one of a couple *years*, partly as a result of life-upheaval and several moves. Finally got my feet under me again and I have lived in the Bay Area for about a year. Problem is, I haven't found love, haven't even gotten laid, and I haven't even made much of an effort to.

I've had a couple OKC dates, but I wasn't feeling it with anybody. I had a crush or two at work, but the old "don't shit where you eat" advice squashed those in the bud. I feel like I've forgotten how to 'put myself out there' and meet women, flirt, all that kind of thing. I used to fall in love like every month, and those days seem very far away.

OKC has been very discouraging--not that I've been rejected/ignored more than anybody else, but more that I don't even feel interested in almost anybody on there. I feel like I'm too up in my own head after so long without having a relationship. What do /adv/?

pic unrelated
>>
>>16898651
follow up on the work thing. where the fuck else are you gonna meet women and not be a pervert?
>>
Got any hobbies where you might meet people of the opposite gender?

Friends of friends?
Friends of family?
>>
>>16898723

Yeah, maybe. They're all too young for me there, though. My real crush has a fake ID, which stopped me dead in my tracks.

>>16898727

I do Pilates, which you'd think might be a good place to meet women, and there are plenty of hot fit women there (my age, too) but little conversation, and it feels sort of wrong to hit on people there.

I think it's not so much lack of ideas where to meet people as it is lack of motivation. It's not like I'm not lonely, but somehow I can't connect that with the motivation to get out and meet people. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>16898744
>but somehow I can't connect that with the motivation to get out and meet people. It's hard to explain.
Then don't. It'll come back as soon as you're ready. Relax and chill.
>>
>>16898753

I'm afraid I'm going to get so used to being alone that I'll never get out there! And that it might be a red flag if I haven't been in a relationship/gotten laid in so long.
>>
>>16898787
So you're dealing with internal conflict of how you feel and what you want. The times they are a-changin'. Don't sweat it.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.