[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it weird that I asked my dad for advice about falling for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hiding owl.gif (989 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
hiding owl.gif
989 KB, 480x270
Is it weird that I asked my dad for advice about falling for people? He's really the only person in my family that I feel that I can be honest to when it comes to talking about things that have been stressing me out. After speaking with him about a crush I have on some guy it felt good to finally get that out of my system but then I started to regret doing so.
>>
>>16898347
No, in a healthy relationship discussing things like that should be easy. He raised you, I think hes comfortable talking about your life with you. Question though, are you a girl or guy?
>>
Depends on your dad. If he has a healthy view of relationships and people in general, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>16898370
Girl, sorry I should have clarified earlier.
>>
>>16898379
Regardless of the fact that he and my mom got divorced he knows from personal experience what a relationship shouldn't be. So I do feel that he knows an extent on what to look out for at least.
>>
>>16898347
You probably brightened his day beyond anything you could imagine by letting him know his child trusts him with its problems.

He's probably feeling the best hes felt in a long time from that
>>
>>16898425
That's completely understandable and I understand why it is a good thing that we have a healthy bond like that but what I'm wondering is why do I all of a sudden regret admitting these feelings that I have for a guy?
Okay maybe there was one minor detail I forgot to include, a day after discussing this matter with him he came to my work (retail) and received help from one of my coworkers. As it turned out it was the guy I'm crushing on and I let him know that was the guy. But that was after when I got home from work.
So during the duration of time when we were still at my work he hugged and kissed me goodbye right in front of the guy. (just a forewarning i'm not trying to win my crush's heart, he's taken. I just feel weird crushing on him because of the fact that he's in a relationship.)
>>
>>16898462
You regret it because a crush is something fragile and if it gets out it may be embarrasing forr you. You either don't trust him enough or you are afraid he will judge for it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.