[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Question_mark_(black_on_white).png (43 KB, 749x946) Image search: [Google]
Question_mark_(black_on_white).png
43 KB, 749x946
I want to get help but I don't want to be put on medication. Can anyone help ?
>>
Go see a counselor/therapist and not a Psychiatrist. The former helps you sort out mental problems, the latter medicates mental disorders.
>>
>>16897928
I'm scare though...what if they just send me straight to a hospital ...
>>
>>16897939
Speaking as someone who sees a counselor regularly AND is also on medication for depression and anxiety, I can tell you that (1) the only situation that they're going to do that in is if you literally say "When I leave this session, I'm going to kill myself/others." Even if you say you're feeling suicidal, they're not going to commit you. At least, in my experience they won't.

During my first session, she asked me if I felt suicidal, and I said "sometimes." He response was "I'm sorry to hear that. Do you think you're in danger right now?" if you answer "no" then the counselor will help you sort out the feelings. If you answer "yes" then you actually do need to be in a hospital.

Don't be scared. It's one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
>>
>>16897952
But my problem isn't depression it's different.
>>
>>16897962
Well, what specifically is your issue?
>>
>>16897962
Are you suicidal?
>>
>>16897971
Sometimes I head people talking , or really telling me to do something
. I will be alone I bed trying to sleep and I will hear voices vividly. When I'm talking to family or friends in the conversation I will CLEARLY hear them say something strange. I stop and think "that's im possible that they said that it makes no damn sense". I will ask them if they did and they will say no and looked confused. I swear they said it and I swear I'm alone when I'm hear people talking....i'm not lying...
>>
Mental health field fag here
Unless you're an immediate danger to yourself or others you're fine
>sometimes I feel suicidal
You're fine
>I am currently suicidal and have a plan to kill myself
You're done. You're committed
>I have violent feelings and desires
You're fine
>I want to and plan on killing/hurting somebody
You're done
>I have sexual feelings I sometimes am afraid I can't control
You're fine
>I'm going to rape somebody
You're done
As we say, if you have a "plan" you're probably gonna be committed or admitted. If you have the thoughts but don't plan on acting on them we'll work with you out patient
>>
>>16897994
As long as you're not acting on what those voices are saying, they won't send you to a hospital. If this is caused by stress, a therapist can help you. I don't know much about this, but I believe there are techniques that they can teach you to cope with it and possibly stop it. It's good that you're acknowledging that they aren't "real"
>>
>>16898028
I know they aren't real, but I feel of I give in they will stop .
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.