[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suspect my roommate has been smoking cigarettes in our room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Kanye Welephant.jpg (42 KB, 649x387) Image search: [Google]
Kanye Welephant.jpg
42 KB, 649x387
I suspect my roommate has been smoking cigarettes in our room so I've been half intentionally eating food he really dislikes the smell of to get back at him. Is this petty? I haven't directly asked him if he smokes in here because I kind of feel bad

I'm half basing this off of him being a Chinese international student and hearing from literally every friend of mine who has had one that they don't get that its not okay to smoke indoors. Since I'm a poc as well I get that its annoying af to be generalized against

Still, there have been 3 times when I've come back from class or work and get hit with a smell incredibly similar to cigarettes. I don't and have never smoked, so I could be wrong, but I'd say 70% of the people I hang out with smoke them so I've encountered the smell a ton.

I indirectly brought it up the last time he asked me about the food by asking if he's been making food that has a very smoky odor to it, something that would make people cough, but he seemed puzzled.

Is this kind of petty of me? He has other food that I don't really like the smell of but I just deal with it instead of feigning absolute disgust.
>>
oh
>>
>>16897826
beta uprising
>>
>>16898022
is this actually such a beta thing to do
>>
Just ask him already
>>
>>16897826
>passive agressive actions
I intentionally annoy faggots like you.
>>16898059
Yes. Its one of the most beta things you can do. You dont have the balls to talk to him like a man so you act like a little bitch.
>>
>>16897826
>Is this petty?
>>16898059
>>16898022
Nope it's autistic. Normal people are able to communicate an talk about those things openly. It's basic human skill.
>>
Smoking indoors is extremely disgusting. I don't think people realize how hard it is to get the smell off later. Older hotels that converted smoking floors to non-smoking had literally to tear walls down because it just can't be done.
Passive aggression is really petty though. Just tell him to cut it off because he isn't fooling anyone.
>>
>>16898062
He's so timid around me and everyone else in the suite I feel bad just outright accusing him of stuff

The only thing he opens up to any of us about are Pokemon or League of Legends and I'm not sure if its because he has a tenuous grasp of English or is just shy or what but it makes me apprehensive about pointing a finger at him
>>
>>16898083
You don't have to be a dick about it. Just be like "hey when I come home sometimes it smells like cigarettes in here, it's not you by any chance is it?"
>>
>>16897826
Maybe you just smell it on his clothes and shit if he smokes outside. If that's the case, he has a right to smoke. As long as he's not doing it in the dorm you need to suck it up or switch rooms
>>
>>16898059
>>16897826
>since I'm a POC
Please go away and learn to be a functioning human being you autist. Fucking ask him if he's smoking in the house, and if he is, fuck him up. Done.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.