[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a professor asks for citations, does it usually mean you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1449013097296.png (1 MB, 788x872) Image search: [Google]
1449013097296.png
1 MB, 788x872
If a professor asks for citations, does it usually mean you have to do the in-text quoting bullshit? I'm fine with works cited pages, but not the in text citations.
>>
There are so many resources online that help with this. I'm sure even your college has guidance on it. Also, the only person who can answer specific questions on your work is the professor that assigned it. Have you tried asking him/her about it?
>>
>>16897803
Maybe you could ask your professor?
>>
>>16897803
>made it to college without having to use in-text citations

This shit is so goddamn infuriating
>>
>>16897803
what DO you americans actually learn in high school? it sounds like you come out of there knowing nothing. you guys even do calc in college!
>>
>>16898367
How to be awesome. You know, all that stuff Europe forgot.
>>
>>16898395
Awesome and dumb. No wonder your society is getting cucked. You faggots allowed feminism to happen.
>>
>>16897803
Yes. Citations matter because it's important to know which ideas are yours and which ideas are from your research. You need to give credit where it is due, and your arguments are more powerful if they are supported by experts rather than coming solely out of your ass. Slapping on a works cited page at the end is not enough. So suck it up; you're in fucking college now.
>>
Of course you fucking use in-text citations. What sort of stupid question is that?
>>
>>16898401
>Europeans complaining about feminists in America
>calling America cucked

The feminists have already won in Europe. As have the jews. As have the Arabs. As have the Africans. As have the Turks. There is nothing about Europe that isn't cucked. Nothing at all. America can't hold a candle to euros cuckoldry.
>>
>>16897803
off course he means in text citations. you're not in elementary anymore!
use mendeley to manage them.
>>
>>16897803
It depends on the formatting requirements of the paper and whether or not he specified. You could put a (p.24) or some equivalent if it's MLA.
>>
It's easy man. This is APA:

The resurgence in baneposting in late 2013 is thought to have been brought about by one user in /tv/ who's persistence eventually led to its revival (Anon 45-46).

Works Cited

Anon, A. Baneposting: a History for you. 2nd ed. Anonymous Press, 2016. Print.

There are other ways where you just put a number in the text and shit, but I prefer the APA style of just putting the author and page number.
>>
>>16898652
No, no, no. This is NOT correct APA. Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>16898652
That isn't APA. If you were doing in-text citations, you cite the surname and the year. Not to mention, your full citation is wrong too.
>>
>>16898657
>>16898670

oops you're right it's MLA

always get those two mixed up
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.