[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a full time job that pays 9.75 an hour. My car just broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMFSuQN.png (77 KB, 285x274) Image search: [Google]
IMFSuQN.png
77 KB, 285x274
I have a full time job that pays 9.75 an hour. My car just broke down and it'd be cheaper to just get a new one, I make $630.00 every two weeks, so around 1,100 a month. What's the best way to save money and get cheap used car? Please help.
>>
>>16897475
1100 a month, full time?! Good lord how do you survive? Where do you live?
>>
>>16897480
In GA, I have a lot of expenses too. They take a lot of taxes out of my pay check, I spend as little money as I can. I work at a hotel, front desk and don't do much so I'm not complaining a lot. I wish I had something better though, I'm constantly looking for other opportunities.
>>
>>16897492
How old are you?
Do you have family/friends that can help you?
Do you have a degree? GED?
We need more details if we are going to help you plan your life out.
What I do is set a savings account and transfer a certain amount every month so like $75 every month into the account. Instead of going out to eat or go to the movies put that money towards the account and cook at home/ do free activities like going to the park.
>>
>>16897536
I'm 21 going to 22.

I have a GED, was going to college but I'm currently taking a break since I need to work. I live with my mother, she helps me by not charging me a lot of rent (150) a month. I buy my own food, I started cooking at home, cheap stuff like pasta or lentines. Other than that I have no one else to help out since they all have a lot to pay for. I apply for better jobs as much as I can.
>>
>>16897480
I make about 900 a month full time. Currently homeless, staying with a friend.
>>
>>16897556
150 a month is not much.
what other expenses do you have?
where do you live? Where im from you can buy a decent car for about 3000$.
Just eat alot of rice and veggies is what I do. Buy steak at ur local grocery store when they have buy one get one free deals. Same with Fish and other produce.
>>
Take out an auto loan.
You're 22 so you should have at least two years of credit.
Assuming your income is stable enough, you should be able to get at least 5 grand. Pay it off over 5 years. Hopefully your credit score is good enough to get that low interest rate
>>
>>16897586
FUCK LOANS
dont do it OP.
try to deal not having a car for as long as you can. Bike to work. bus it. whatever it takes.
>>
>>16897568
I have >>16897568
Well my car payment was $250 a month, insurance is $175. $64 phone, a full tank of gas was like $15 though. Then food and such.
>>
File: image-33.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image-33.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Good lord... I know no one here is going to believe me but here it goes. I live in Texas and I have been in the oil & gas industry for 11 years now. I don't have any formal education past high-school and I was convicted of a felony when I was 19 so to sum it up I'm a uneducated felon that still gets paid $56 an hour and $84 for overtime, I consistently work 50 to 70 hours a week and sometimes during larger projects I work up to 97 hours a week. Please if you have the drive and willingness to work hard you can make it.

If you want go ahead and look up my work for my type of craft. Look for ( planning and scheduling jobs ) for turnarounds or shutdowns.

I want to see everyone willing to work hard make it in life.
>>
>>16897705
$250 a month for what?
$175, is that per month??
>>
>>16897475
Where in GA do you live? In the Atlanta area? Columbus? Macon? Savannah? Out in the country? In the foothills?
>>
>>16898547

how are you still making good money when oil/gas has gone to shit and there's no recovery in sight?

oil is being sold at a loss right now ffs
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.