[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ex acting weird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: celiac-fiancee.jpg (17 KB, 659x340) Image search: [Google]
celiac-fiancee.jpg
17 KB, 659x340
>Had a toxic relationship, gf stopped caring about me
>Went to the point were she said "I don't care if we try to fix stuff or not"
>I decided to break up, did it.
>She went full mad, saying she "doesn't understand"
>Ex now tries to talk with me again, she feels like she's the victim.
>Says she misses me as a boyfriend, but more as a friend.
>She's treating me with love again

I even went (and I keep going) to therapy with a psychologist. What she said (the psychologist)
>She's a manipulator
>I have to cut all communication
>She wants what I offered to her, and she will not let me go because she fills some needs with me.

I see her on a daily basis (college, same classroom), even if I avoid visual contact she says hi or make an attempt of communication somehow, everyday. And I can't pretend like i'm a stone and just say nothing like she doesn't exist.

I still have feelings for her, and I love her, but I understand love isn't about possession, and I can't be with someone that doesn't want to be with me.

Today she texted me, and I replied normally, like any other friend, it seems she didn't liked my "neutral, cold" responses, so she started to post stuff like "oh I deserve true love" and that shit.

Any advice? So far i'm trying to be "neutral", I haven't posted anything in FB since we broke up, I haven't talked with her friends about that, I pretend we're friends, I don't talk shit about her, no offenses, nothing.
>>
>>16897275
You're the one acting "weird" and over thinking the situation. She the one acting normal in that she wants to get you back to take advantage of you again. Don't be there for her. Focus on yourself guy. Let her make new friends/waste other people's time.
>>
Very good bro. I think you handle the situation very well.

Keep cold, keep distance. Let her stay mad. Manipulative girls deserve teh mad.
>>
>>16897313
I just pretend we're friends. I guess she wants to meet more people but she's the one that starts conversations and that stuff, not me.

She's the one that suddenly comes with me and hugs me, kinda weird, but I agree with you that I overthink the situation, after all this is hard for me because I still have feelings that I have to control.

Funny thing, she started to tell me her problems, and that she's starting with stuff like anorexia. I can only find 2 reasons for that
>She wants some help, she trusts me so she tells me that
or
>She says that so I keep worrying about her, and I keep being available for her, so she can get what she wants from me (attention, care) without giving anything. A win-win for her basically.
>>
>>16897320
Thank you man, I will try to avoid her as much as I can, it's been hard, it seems this girl knows me very well, every weakness because feelings are my biggest weakness, I forgive and forget almost everything from loved ones.

I will start to be more cold even if it looks cruel. I wanted to be polite but I don't think she will stop
>>
Nah you know what? Don't try to be her friend or let her think she has any chance of getting back with you.

I think you have been handling things well thus far but you need to take it a step further. Don't respond to texts/messages, block her on facebook. If she tries to hug you stop her and tell her you want space and she needs to stop. You need to set boundaries with her or you are opening yourself up to manipulation. I'm only saying this because I have an ex who was a manipulator as well and the only way to win is not to play the game, so to speak.

I know that will probably be difficult if you still have feelings for her but it sounds like she's crazy and by continuing to respond to her attempts to contact you, you are just encouraging her behavior. Even if she has problems they are not YOUR problems. My ex had massive mood issues and PTSD, when he tried to guilt me into helping him it just made me miserable. Don't go down that road.
>>
>>16897351
At first I thought I was being immature for not being friends, now I see it differently.

She had some big issues before, anorexia, sexual abuse, a manipulator and possessive exboyfriend. Lots of stuff.

I tried to help her, telling her to go with a doctor, go to therapy and she just ignored me and took it like a joke. I really worried because it seems her parents don't see that or don't take actions about it.

So when we were together I asked her stuff like "have you eaten?" and even share my food. I went to a point where I didn't care if she ate all my food and I ended up without something to eat, I wanted her to be healthy and that shit.

My "parental feeling" kicked in with her, that's not healthy at all, I should've avoided it.

So far she's not blaming me for that, she kinda blames me because "she transformed into other person thanks to me", I don't know how to take that.

Thank you for your advice, and for sharing your personal experience, it really helps.
>>
>>16897390
That's really funny in a way because my ex also blamed me for "turning him into a completely different person" when I tried to help him manage his anger. Truthfully looking back he didn't really change much of what he claimed and if he did improve that anger it was for the better. I would guess the same applies to her.

Yeah anon, you gotta take care of yourself first. I know the whole living for others and being kind stuff feels good, but you need to come first. If you don't make sure your needs are met then you are just going to dig a hole for yourself.

Also sounds like she's not capable of helping herself. Also not your problem (and another thing my ex had issues with). Sounds like she's got a lot of stuff to sort out on your own and it's best to stay away so you don't get caught in the shitstorm.
>>
>>16897450
I don't really understand why that kind of people see things in that way. They can't see or they try to cover the sun with a finger. That's scary.

I hope one day (soon if possible) she see all the stuff in a more realistic way so she can address her issues. It's really worrying because in 3-4 months she'll be in charge of homeless kids.
Just imagine that, a person that refuses to go to therapy will be in charge of kids with severe family problems like violence. Oh damn no.

I really liked the relationship I had with her while it was healthy, I would like to go back to that but first I need to fix a lot of stuff with me (low self-steem, lack of confidence) and she needs to stop being a manipulator, I don't think she will end up with a healthy person if she keeps it like that. And I don't think I will love her when she finally realize what she's been doing. Sad but true I guess.

Thank you for your advice, have a nice day!
>>
Toxic is toxic, cut her off. Been in the same situation when I was younger. I decided to chase it, lost it. Didn't recover for about 4 years. Go find a different grill. Pussy is low value and plentiful anyway.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.