[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Thai" curry gave me shits. Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: ThaiGreenCurry.jpg (78 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
ThaiGreenCurry.jpg
78 KB, 1000x667
Hi /adv/
I had a "thai" green curry from the local chinese take-away since it was a new menu item.
it was not a thai green curry. it was waaay too spicy for that.

well, either the curry was bad, or i'm suddenly developing an allergy to prawns(/"shrimp"). i got a bag of prawn crackers included with my meal. i've been able to eat crustaceans fine so far, but both my parents are allergic so i'm waiting for the day when i can no longer eat them.

regardless of whether or not the prawns caused my stomach upset, the curry is its chosen fodder.
i'm sitting here in bed, almost half 2 in the morning bongistan time.
earlier on my stomach was in agony, i drank plenty of water, which seems to have helped with the pain but only after allowing the vile cocktail to run its course through my gut.

it's unrelenting. i've been to the toilet 5 times already and it's getting progressively more watery. the water is flushing undigested food out. like, i'm talking entire slices of root ginger that look fresh enough to pick out and re-use.

i fear i won't be able to get to sleep until this curry has ripped through my bowels like it's doing a lap of the nurburgring,

what can i do to ease the pain? how can i get it all out of my system so i can go to bed without fear of assploding watery, green fecal matter in my sleep?

why does god hate me?
>>
Why didn't you chew your root ginger properly, OP?
>>
>>16897237
because the curry was so hot i couldn't finish chewing my mouthful before i had to take a swig of water to stop myself sweating to death
>>
>>16897258

>this food causes me unbearable physical discomfort while eating it
>better finish everything

Sounds like you dug your own grave.
>>
White people
>>
>>16897269
i didn't actually finish eating it though. there was a good amount of the sauce, ginger, onions etc that i just tipped.

but i had to eat. i didn't have anything else and i had just bought it.
>>
Peppermint will help. Also kaopectate or loperamide if you have any but those are medications so you probably won't have them sitting around.
>>
>>16897282
thanks. i've got some peppermint teabags i think.
>>
>>16897296
Get it nice and strong. Randomized Controlled Studies have found peppermint helps ease gut pain. Good luck friend.
>>
>>16897218
ROOKIE. obviously you have never seen man vs food.
>you never use water to cool the burn of curry/chilli. you need cold milk or a icecream.

the only way to get it out of your system is to let it run its course... you arent the first or last to get the "bali belly"
>>
You're allergic to prawns? You shouldn't force yourself to eat them. It can cause you to black out or worse. This happened to my brother once.
>>
>>16897346
i've never had an allergic reaction to prawns before. if this is a prawn allergy, it's the first time it's happened to me.
>>
>>16897218

Green Curry is as spicy as you want it to be. The color has nothing to do with spiciness. You need to specify how much heat you want on a level of 1-10.

Thai curries generally contain coconut milk. If you have a coconut allergy or food sensitivity that can give you the runs.

More likely however is that the prawns were undercooked and you are experiencing food poisoning. You might want to go to a clinic to get checked out. They have good drugs there that will help.
>>
You got food poisoned. There is no reason a Thai green curry can't be spicy.
>>
>>16897506
>If you have a coconut allergy or food sensitivity that can give you the runs.
not to mention, if you're not used to the fat content, this can also happen.

I made a pot of tom kha gai one winter night and the fat in it flushed my body out hard over the next two days.
>>
>>16897506
i most definitely don't have a coconut allergy lol, i practically live off coconut products.
i actually ADDED coconut yoghurt to my curry to try and cool it off and make it taste more thai than the shit tier bland taste the chinese restaurant had made it.

as for undercooked prawns, i didn't have any whole prawns in my food last night, the prawns were in prawn crackers. i don't know if they can be undercooked, but i honestly suspect that if it was the prawn crackers it's because i'm developing the same allergy as both my parents in adulthood, not food poisoning.

for the record i've had food poisoning in the past and i was bedridden for 4 days. i feel okay this morning

>>16897529
oh, yeah i get that, but i mean, the fact that it was spicy made things a little harder for me when the shit hit the fan lol
>>
>>16897218
I get dihorrea when I eat Thai Green curry, I know your pain bro
>>
I bet they used a shit ton of chilli oil in it. Heat is great, extra spicy even better but chilli oil just scours the gut when you're not used to it.

If you had a serious prawn allergy if wouldn't be just upset stomach you could be dead from anaphylaxis.
>>
>>16897218
>it was not a thai green curry. it was waaay too spicy for that.

Dude, as a guy that lived in Bangkok for a year I can tell you that its probably spice shits. It was just too hot for you. And no it was not too hot for green curry, green curry can be brutal. You have a very small curry and a lot of rice to dilute the curry.

You cant even comprehend how spicy real Thai food can be.

Milk and yoghurt helps to soothe any discomfort.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.