[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me makeup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 400x280
I don't want anything that's going to be bad for my skin. Looking for organic makeup that wasn't tested on animals. Goal is wearing minimal makeup while looking good. Basically want to look like I'm not wearing makeup even though I am.

Completely lost with what to do. Someone suggested I try Jane Iredale makeup and I was looking at their starter it thing: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HTDSWR4/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_s_it?qid=1457574222&sr=1-5&keywords=iredale

But didn't know which one to buy (light? Medium light?)

Anyway teach me makeup thx <3
>>
>>>/cgl/ will help you
>>
>>16897077
Kill yourself you useless tranny scum. You're not a real female and you know it.
>>
Eat mud and arsenic to get that perma blush
>>
>>16897086
Oh really? Never really heard of that board. Looks interesting so maybe I'll repost over there. Thanks!

>>16897102
Hey there. Go fuck yourself :)

>>16897112
You're so good at advice!
>>
>>16897122
Iv already got someone to fuck, unlike you who will only ever be "loved" by creepy chasers. I bet your parents don't even love you anymore.
>>
>>16897188
What possesses you to do this? Go to an advice board to talk shit about people?

It doesn't seem like a great use of your time but whatever.
>>
File: IMG_0893.jpg (191 KB, 609x1050) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0893.jpg
191 KB, 609x1050
I use a cleanser after every shower, then a nice cream from Sanibel Harbor. Once a week I lay a mask, then a mask afterwards.
For me, my skin is most important. I use very minimal amount of makeup. That is, only on light mascara, subtle lipstick, and nail polish.
Makeup is to assentuate the beauty, not hide it.)
>>
>>16897228
I take pretty good care of my skin but break out when I eat bad foods. Just gotta stay with good diet.

How do you know which lipsticks will look subtle? I'm really hoping no one will notice I am wearing makeup, at first. Agree with you on the accentuation.

Mascara and subtle lipstick might be enough. Do you use organic makeup? What are your favorites?
>>
>>16897228
you look like a girl I used to date.
>>
>>16897228
>>16897249
wait you look EXACTLY like a girl i used to date. Is your name alicia?
>>
>>16897222
I just try to hammer in the truth whenever I see your posts, I don't intentionally come here to fuck with you; I have better things to do than that. Just convenience is all.
>>
>>16897245
I don't know how is in your country, but here you can go to certain make-up shops (not super market) and try on different products for free. Some will even give a free example on you by an artist.
By subtle, I mean one that isn't too much brighter or darker than your skin around the mouth, just enough to make it noticable. I find darker colors work best. I am not picky about organic or mineral

>>16897249
>>16897267

I'm sorry, I don't think so. I've been alone for some time now (yay...). My name does start with a, thoug
>>
>>16897309
My hero?

Seriously gtfo. Go do something productive.
>>
>>16897317
Would have to go to a big city for something like that. Guess it's a good idea, if a kinda scary one. Thanks :)

You've been helpful.
>>
>>16897323
I understand it can be scary, especially if you're not... a girl, I mean. Sorry, if that offends you. Just trying to be understanding.
But, those who work there are usually professionals, and they try to sell a product, not lecture you on morals or whatever, so it should be fine. Maybe have some girl friends go with you?

>>16897309
Please don't be rude. Can you be nice for one day?
>>
>>16897323
Also, if you want lots of good make-up tips and tutorials, look up MichellePhan on you tube, she makes really good videos.
>>
>>16897077
Seriously, coming from another grill, you're pretty retarded trying to get makeup advice here of all places. Why did you think this would go well?

YouTube should always be the first place. Watch tutorials. r/makeupaddiction is great with advice. Yes, they will guide you to organic makeup. Yes, they will help with finding your right shade.

There's also r/skincareaddiction. Good skin is important and will literally change your makeup game. Start there.
>>
>>16897077
I hate to refer people to reddit, but I've actually heard reddit has good makeup tips. Also look on pinterest, and I second the Michelle Phan recommendation. There are lots of artists on YouTube, same with girls doing hair! And don't be scared of a bold lipstick! I get wanting to look natural most of the time but there is nothing like a bright, fun lipstick to make you feel great! Good luck!
>>
>>16897245
what >>16897228 said - if you're going for the minimal make up look, it helps to have really nice skin. what's your skin type - oily, dry, combination, or normal?
>>
>reddit/mua
as annoying as it is to point someone to reddit, MUA can help you a lot
>>/cgl/
they can as well
also i agree with a lot of other people, look at youtube. my personal picks are xsparkage, makeupgeek, beautybroadcast, and charismastar
>>
>>16897077

Find a Younique presenter in your area and she will hook you up with high quality makeup. It is not the cheap stuff you buy in the drug store, it is the kind of quality that professional makeup artists use.
>>
I've heard two-face is good and cruelty free. I personally like Mica beauty cosmetics. Don't know if they're tested on animals though
>>
>>16897425
>I've heard two-face is good
The character..??
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.