[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: cutting.jpg (23 KB, 756x419) Image search: [Google]
cutting.jpg
23 KB, 756x419
2 girls I know is have a bunch of cuts on their wrists. Girl 1's cuts are more like scars and shaped like "X"s. Girl 2's cuts look almost identical this picture and are red. I'm going explain the situation for each girl individually so that there is as little confusion as possible.

Girl 1:
I've known her for about a year now and we're not close friends but has talked to me about her some of depression and her home situation(from what I can tell its not good) but she never really gets into it and either just walks away from me, changes the subject completely or tries to make a sarcastic joke about. I've tied asking her about her scars on multiple occasions but she this weird shut down shit so just dropped it. Then out of nowhere today she runs up to me and says I have no clue how got these I used to think they were dirt. Shes odd and I really don't know what to think of her at this point.

Girl 2:
I never really notice her cuts either before because she also usually wears hoodie but the other day she wore a t-shirt. I asked her to pass me something for the project we were working on in class and saw the cuts. I looked away and didn't say anything to her about it because I'm aware she has some sort of social anxiety and probably didn't want my dumbass to blurt "yo, what the fuck is on your arm?". She in 3 of my classes and sits by me in all of them but act relatively normal with a pretty up beat personality. I think she may have body image issues but I never really thought about it until now. I mean shes no super model but really who the fuck is. She also has some sort stutter/lisp but I don't think anyone gives her a hard time about.

I'm really not sure what to do to help or if I even should. I think that if I don't at least try to help though they'll both go off the deep end and I'll feel fucking guilty. I never cut before so I don't know what their felling and can only guess.

What do?
>>
Tell them both to see a psychiatrist. And a therapist. Self-harm is usually a sign of some kind of deeper problem, often abuse.

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/cutting-and-self-harm.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/in-depth/mental-health-providers/art-20045530
http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/how-to-find-therapist

I used to cut myself, but haven't for several years now thanks to help from some wonderful mental health professionals.
>>
They want attention, they want you to ask about then and bitch about how bad their life is. There are hundreds of spots that they can cut and don't show around.
>>
>>16897057
Not necessarily. When I cut myself habitually, I didn't want any attention from anyone and I didn't receive any. I was ashamed of it, and it was a sign that I was not in a good place.

It's not quite as simple as always being about attention.
>>
>>16897063
Yeah because making long term marks on you arms is not wanting anyone to see them
>>
>>16897104
It causes an endorphin rush, which makes you feel better for a while -- usually a few hours.

It's not a healthy way to deal with your problems, but it's definitely one of the ways.
>>
>>16897111
I have no fucking clue what point I was trying to make here, sorry.

The quality of pain for me was different on my arms than on other places on my body (it feels different to cut there), which is why I gravitated to making cuts on my arms rather than on any of the less easy-to-cover areas, like my hips.
>>
>I'm really not sure what to do to help or if I even should.

Are you a shrink?

No? Then stop trying to be one.

>I think that if I don't at least try to help though they'll both go off the deep end and I'll feel fucking guilty.

Stop thinking that. Problem solved.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.