[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, need help I'm currently in a mental freak out,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Lermaa1 (pic).jpg (27 KB, 520x480) Image search: [Google]
Lermaa1 (pic).jpg
27 KB, 520x480
Hi /adv/, need help
I'm currently in a mental freak out, feel very very mixed mood.
>Senior in college
>Very rough past 2 years
>Extreme stress
>Haven't been able to do anything I want to for past 2 years, constantly trying to fulfill obligations
>Always acting to keep grades up, friends happy, gf happy and loved
> I feel robotic and no longer act in my best interest but in others
>Having break down right now
>No coherent thoughts, head is jumping everywhere
>Studying for important exam tomorrow
>Very anxious, jumpy, depressive mood, panicky
>Shaking and can't focus on studying

I don't know what to do right now, my mind keeps feeling claustrophobic to everything, I feel trapped in life, trapped in obligations, trapped in this library, trapped in an always uncomfortable and tired mood. I've tried taking breaks and going for walks, it's not really helping. What do /adv/ ?
>>
Breathe. Deep slow breaths. The kind that make your stomach puff out. What's something you enjoy? Do that right now. Do something for yourself
>>
>>16896995
Take a breather and despite your test, take half an hour doing something you really enjoy, whether it's having sex with your gf or watching funny dumb shit on YouTube. Going for a run outside and getting oxygen always helps me. Remember that you have come so far as are so close, OP. Give yourself a break to recharge and then just say fuck life til it's over and you actually have that diploma in your hands. Can't stop won't stop! YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS.
>>
>>16897029
>>16897016
Thank guys, the breathing is helping. It sounds rediculous but I almost forget the things I enjoy doing, it's been so long since I've been able to endulge in those. Everytime I try work gets unfinished, and or friends/gf are left out and feel that way. How do I prevent these events in the future? I've tried scheduling, it doesnt work out, with 10hours/day of schoolwork and classes and work 4:30pm-late on weekends and Friday I don't have enough time to do everything.
>>
>>16896995
You have to slow down.

Cramming and stressing out is not going to help you nearly as much as a good night's sleep and relaxation.

You're so close to the end, take solace in that. Try to gather yourself up and do what needs to be done to finish strong.

Seriously if you're so stressed and depressed trying to study right now, that means you need to stop. That stress is not good for you physically.
>>
>>16896995
Stop studying and go an do something for you. Doing something that yoire passionate about will release some of that tension.

Go reward yourself with a burrito and a movie. Because let me tell you, you're pushing yourself harder than most are able or willing to, and that's some damn good determination.

Your test will go fine. Your grades will be fine. Your friends will be fine. Your gf will be fine. Give yourself some "me time" and get a good night's sleep. Waking up refreshed will be so good for you.
>>
>>16897080
>>16897068
Thanks for the support, I'm going to finish up and go get a burrito and watch something, maybe not that literal but yeah. Thanks again guys.
>>
>>16897053
Honestly, if your friends or gf are feeling "left out" when you have shit to do for school and you end up not finishing your work, that's a serious problem that they need to understand: you need to finish your degree. It's important and they will still be around once you're graduated, since that should be soon (you said you're a senior). My friend's boyfriend does similar shit to her where he bitches about her being stressed and working too much on projects and not spending enough time with him, but he needs to suck it up for a while because we have shit to do.
Just remember to so what is important for YOU before doing what's important for others. They need to understand your situation and that your obligations are different than their own.
>>
>>16897097
Well I'd say one of the only things I enjoy is hanging out with my gf, so I've kind of led her on to be use to hanging out a decent amount. So when I can't I shadder her expectations, she'll never say a word about it. But I'm a very empathetic person and know she feels this way. I've never put myself before others so I guess I have to start practicing, thank you.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.