[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought a treadmill. It was delivered but they wouldn't bring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Bought a treadmill. It was delivered but they wouldn't bring it up the stairs. I live on the third floor and it's 120lbs. The weight is distributed in a weird way and it's extremely long. It doesn't disassemble. New town, don't know anybody here who could help. Didnnt know what I was getting into. Any ideas /adv/? I'm at Lowe's about to buy rope to try to pull it up
>>
Maybe if you worked out moar you could /lift/.
>>
>>16896992
i had literally this exact issue when i moved into a third floor apartment but with a big furniture item

anyway i dont have any macgyver solutions for you sadly but if you hire a handyman off craigslist or the front of home depot they will be able to manage things you hadnt thought were possible. thats what i did
>>
>>16896992
This is going to sound a bit weird, but can you ask your neighbor for help and then give them like a small gift in return like a $15 giftcard? It's cheaper and safer than going on Craigslist and asking some stranger to come over.
>>
120lb isn't that much.
Go stair by stair, if you have to.
>>
>>16897018
How is asking a neighbour for help weird?
>>
>>16897025
Yeah, that's actually a completely fucking normal thing to do.
>>
>>16897031
If you're American
>>
>>16897018
>safer than going on Craigslist and asking some stranger to come over.
What if you post the Craigslist ad and your neighbor answers?
>>
>>16897034
I'm >>16897025 and I'm not American. Where the fuck do you live where it's not normal to ask your neighbours for help?
>>
>>16897045
>Where the fuck do you live where it's not normal to ask your neighbours for help?
Scandinavia
>>
>>16897045

4chan

:^)
>>
>>16897048

Skandinavians, if you dare ask them for help, will invariably flap like awkward penguins incapable of refusal, and still help you like any other neighbours. They will then probably continue to flap whenever you see them for the next ten years, but you can always evade that by getting drunk together, I assume.
>>
>>16897022
>tfw other people live in normal places
You don't know my neighborhood, anon. There's a reason we all have metal bars on our windows, and my landlord lets anyone with enough cash live in this area. My neighbor got busted for having a meth lab behind his house and the guy right across the street from my house got put into custody by the cops for interrogation and then later arrested for dealing (with/through the other neighbor) through association with Hell's Angels. And I personally wouldn't help a neighbor I hadn't even met before bring something into their apartment. OP said he was new, so his neighbors are strangers.

I need to get out of bumfuck norcal. It's not Sons of Anarchy or anything up in here, but sketchy hicks are real.
>>
>>16897052
>you can always evade that by getting drunk together, I assume.
This is true so long as you provide the alcohol.
Fucking tariffs and taxes.
>>
>>16897058
HA out that far?
I'm in Montreal and HA runs north side.
What a network.
Gotta respect that.

Not as much as the Mafia though.
They have a real nice upper class neighorhood on lock.
No crime there.
Good streets too.
>>
>>16897009
It's too late for that but a good idea

>>16897018
My neighbors are absolute crackheads

Got 50ft of 250lb weight tested rope. The plan is use the box to slide it up. The weight is almost entirely centered on one end and the while thing is cumbersome. There's no where yo grab for a solid grip. Gonna let you guys know how it goes. If I don't respond again assume I broke my neck or something.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.