[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Caffeine Addiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1446743068236.png (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1446743068236.png
1 MB, 1632x1224
How acceptable and good is it to be addicted to caffeine?

When I was a kid, I drank ungodly quantities of soda, as in entire two-liters a day (mountain dew primarily). However, 2 years ago, on my final year of high school, I decided to break my addiction and stop and consuming caffeine (I had dropped soda awhile ago and used caffeine packets). However, for the rest of the entire year I didn't feel quite like myself, and even now, a while after I graduated, I still only really feel "good" and fully aware when I drink caffeine. However, succumbing to the addiction and going full out again makes me uncomfortable for a couple reasons. I think of my heroes in fiction and they definitely don't succumb to addiction. I think of all the money I'll need to spend on caffeine. I think of all the situations where I'll need to go without caffeine and how it'll hurt me (sometimes I forgot my caffeine packets and spent entire school days groggy, sleepy, and being a fuck up). So I'm torn. Is it a good idea to get addicted to caffeine? This CGP grey video is really what kicked off my curiosity about whether it's a good idea, he hella praises it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg
>>
It's not acceptable nor is it ever good to be addicted to anything especially any nervous system stimulants

Switch to tea and forget about caffeine for a few years. It's ruining you. It ruined me and my grandma
>>
>>16896851
Tea has caffeine. By the way, are you serious in saying caffeine ruined you? That sounded glib.
>>
>>16896851
Tea contains caffeine. Not much lass than coffee.
Only infusions and some specific varieties contain none.
>>
>>16896860
>>16896872

Yea I know.

I meant switch to tea and slowly come down off caffeine it took me a few weeks but I did it.

Coffee ruined me physically and a little mental. In had no energy without it and I contracted that lovely brain fog whenever I didn't have any caffeine in me.

I were drinking 7 cups a day. After 4 I felt amazing inside and out. I were mostly drinking for the taste.

After a few years I destroyed my teeth my tongue and my cns and I got headaches all the time even though I were drinking water.

Not any more. Duck that jive
>>
>>16896886
I have headaches all the time now unless I drink caffeine... it's been 2.5 years since I was addicted but they won't go away
>>
>>16896899
Drink water more and get that blood pressure checked on

Its not worth it anon. It's so good but sooo Fucking bad. Now a cup every now and then or some caff while exercising
>>
>>16896918
I drink a fuckton of water.. not sure what to do about blood pressure.
>>
>>16896935
Ok good

Go see a doctor. Caffeine does fuck with your BP

It had me at risk for HBP for a while until I got the problem delt with. Couldn't do the headaches anymore.

You don't eat any salts do you?
>>
>>16896669
Former caffeine slave here. I understand what you mean about "not feeling quite yourself", I kicked the habit a while ago and for a long time I felt kinda groggy and awkward, maybe my anxiety. My advice, if you have ADHD or something similar, try Vyvance, pretty much aderal but it'll last you almost all day (6-7 hours/standard work day). I feel better than usual on that stuff, but I'm not twitchy or anything like with too much coffee, kinda mellow high, I'm charismatic, friendly, confident, and it's easier to get off of than caffeine, it pretty much teaches you how to be yourself again.
>>
>>16896899
>I experience caffeine withdrawal all the time now unless I drink caffeine
>it's been 2.5 years since I was addicted
>>
>>16896946
>salts
Not sure what you mean, my diet includes a lot of canned food.
>>16896954
I dunno if it's withdrawal, it's just a fact. I didn't touch caffine for 2 years and felt off the whole time, then I thought "will caffeine fix this?" and it did. I don't drink caffeine regularly if that's what you're implying.
>>16896948
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
File: 1457020316144.gif (2 MB, 317x229) Image search: [Google]
1457020316144.gif
2 MB, 317x229
>>16896948
> replace caffeine with amphetamines
>>
>>16897064
Hey, don't bash it until you've tried it. Also, doesn't kill your teeth :)
>>
>>16897129
And coffee only stains your teeth, not kills them.
>>
you need to discipline yourself and have regularity in your diet and caffeine intake.

for example, every morning around the same time (9-11am) i make coffee, roughly one and a half tablespoons of kauai dark roast, and have one cup after my breakfast and then another a little while later, finishing the pot. i don't have any more caffeine at all until after 7pm when i might, but not always, have a cup or two of oolong tea. after that, no more until the next day.

i have not encountered any problems with such a routine and i've been doing it for a while. your problem is 1) excessive indulgence and 2) lack of regularity. your body needs to get itself into a predictable pattern, that's how bodies thrive and survive for a long time.

you should not go overboard with the coffee. personally, too much caffeine has no good effects for me, i don't get stimulated or hyper or feel good, it gives me a weird airy headed feeling that's not pleasant, but drinking it in the above routine is a nice refreshment and seems to have health benefits, since i'm in good health. i don't crave it at any other time of day or have other side-effects, however i know that a few times i had coffee in the evenings and it threw my whole system out of balance, causing weird blood pressure headaches and whatnot.

just trust me, you need to find a regular pattern regarding your diet and stick to it every single day like a fucking robot. if you do that, and it's a healthy pattern, you can expect to live long and healthily. so many health problems are caused by irregular diets, you know, people just eating random things all the time. in my opinion, from my experience, the body thrives best on a nutritious and very predictable diet. it's like the body has its own intelligence and likes to know exactly what is being put in it and how to use it for best health. when you introduce new foods, change your routines, you throw everything out of balance and problems arise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.