[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you purposefully ended your relationship with your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Have any of you purposefully ended your relationship with your family? (No, I'm not talking murder here.)

My family is toxic. I worry about not having family though, and am afraid I would feel like a shit-human if I went through with it.

I want to tell them what I think of them, but I don't know if explicitly saying, "I no longer want anything to do with you," is wise.

This will probably manifest in the form of a letter.

Any and all advice welcome. (I can tell 'my story' if need be.)
>>
>>16896517
>toxic
First of all: stop using buzzwords. If they're awful people they're awful people, if they're racist they're racist. All the word toxic serves to do is hide overreaction and make stuff sound worse than it is, while not at all being descriptive of the situation.

Second of all: Stop talking to them. If they try to invite you to sonething say you don't want to go. No need to be over dramatic about it. Just stop bending to their whims.
>>
Separate entirely and cut off forms of communication
>>
>>16897137
Stop telling me how to describe something you know nothing about.
>>
>>16898147
Then tell us the story so we do know what it is?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.