[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
life choices
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 505.png (129 KB, 453x668) Image search: [Google]
505.png
129 KB, 453x668
I currently have 2 direct paths to take in my life.

The first is the obvious "study life"
I currently have a few more subjects i need to complete to get my HS diploma.
After that i will have to look forward to 3 years studying in college for a B-degree in computer engineering.
After that i have the possibility to study 2 more years for a Masters.

The second choice is to accept the job offer i got to work at a call center in a tourist island.
My pay would be rather low but i will have lots of opportunities to earn more the better I do.
I would most likely work about 6 months possibly the entire 2016.
To take this opportunity would effectively push the first option up until im done with this job. There is a slim possibility that ill quit school entirely, but that is not something that im thinking about doing.

Taking any of the options would effectively make me leave my parents house and start my life for real.

The reason im considering pushing school up even more is that im currently stuck in a very depressing environment. Taking this job would effectively "jumpstart" my adult life
Waiting for school to start would leave me in this situation for another 5-6 months.

None of the choices would make the other choices invalid to pursue in the future, the question really is just, how should i choose to spend my next 6 months?
>>
>>16896355
Are you talking about doing the job before you've gotten your HS diploma, or just before college?
If the latter, it sounds like a pretty easy decision to make. [spoiler] take the job [/spoiler]
>>
>>16896355
Do the study life. It will open up more opportunities for you as time passes
>>
>>16896498
Could you explain why I should do it?

Pros/cons etc.
>>
>>16896503
Is there any reason taking the study life over the job life if I can return to do the studying after I've worked for a few months?

Bear in mind, I will not have a HS diploma if i take the job.
>>
File: 1352173736444.png (490 KB, 1280x709) Image search: [Google]
1352173736444.png
490 KB, 1280x709
bumping.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.