[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meeting People and forging longlasting relationships
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1447200185060.png (367 KB, 548x720) Image search: [Google]
1447200185060.png
367 KB, 548x720
Can somebody give me the 100% socially autistic man's guide to meeting new people? I got lucky before and had one friend who introduced me to many mutual friends, but now I'm alone in a new town and have no clue how to start conversations or make meaningful relationships, platonic or otherwise. I only say meaningful because this is pretty much my permanent residence now, so I'm looking to make some good friends. Any help is appreciated
>>
>>16896179

>100% socially autistic

if you are really autistic you should be talking to your therapist / psychiatrist about this, not strangers on a taiwanese peanutbutter recipe sharing pictograph forum. you can also look for local groups of special needs people (particularly autistic) who meet up to bond over their legitimate issues.
>>
>>16896179
>>16896210
that being said, if you arent actually autistic then stop calling yourself autistic. its like saying you have anxeity or depression so you cant do something. all these labels do when they dont actually apply to you (and even often when they do apply to you) is hold you back.

autistic people are capable of making friends. i would know, im actually friends with an autist.

as for making friends, you go to local events, preferrably ones run by hobby shops that interest you. lets pretend for instance that you like books. go to a book store and ask about any local book clubs or book events etc. better to ask at non-chain type stores, but whatever. same goes for the local library. if they dont have any, ask if you can start a book club and leave some flyers in the store. they might call the manager to make sure this is okay, but ultimately they will say something like 'as long as you buy those books here we'd love to help you'. and then afterwards you can go around look at books and talk to people in aisles that interest you. strike something up. and ask if you can trade numbers and talk more books. i did this with a stranger on the bus last week. now im coming over to his place for a bbq and hottubbing. fun stuff.

and if oyu find absolutely no hobby shops that cater to you, go to meetup.com and look for interest groups there. it might be vague, like a general geek group (i managed to find a lonefag a geek meet up in israel even) but you can go there and looks for people who are fine tuned towards your own interests.

as for 'meaningful' and 'long lasting' there is no recipe for that. the way you meet people doesn't actually guarantee anything. you meet. you hang out. if you click and it goes well, then there you go. nothing lasts forever so enjoy whats happening while its happening and you'll make it to an old age with no regrets.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.