[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lonely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: nVUanBC.png (353 KB, 850x455) Image search: [Google]
nVUanBC.png
353 KB, 850x455
I am pathetic, I don't know what to do. This girl I talked with alot and liked for a while but messed up my chances with found some guy online that she likes and is going to go to his house in florida for a week to try out a relationship with him to see if they work. What sucks was that I talked with her all the time and we had good long conversations but now that she found this random guy I was thrown to the side. I'm lucky if I get more then a sentence a day. I'm the only one who texts first because why the fuck would she care about me when she has that other guy. I made a promise to myself not to text her anymore and it went really well. 2 weeks and I didn't say shit and when she sent me a picture or whatever I ended the conversation asap. Bad part was we all hungout last week ( I didnt know she was going or else I would of backed out of hanging out) and I sadly had a very fun time with everyone. After that day I got weak and texted her a few days later and we talked for a while and ever since then I try to start a conversation but all I get is a short answer or whatever and it breaks my heart. I need to regain my willpower not to text her again and hopefully this time for good. Someone help me get back my sanity and willpower somehow, please im pretty desperate. Right now I try telling myself she doesnt care about you and she tossed you aside for a random guy so move on but that only worked for so long.
>>
If you really like this girl, you don't have to cut her out of your life all together. Cutting down talking to her would probably be the best idea, but if you're the only one initiating conversation, she's not worth keeping around.

Most likely, things with this random guy will go sour (I mean, it's a random guy, what d'you expect?), so maybe just try and keep in contact so she's got a shoulder to cry on. Who knows, might lead to something more for you.
>>
Well first off she never "tossed you aside." You "talked with her all the time and had good long conversations." I do that with a good 45% of the people I meet. What makes you special for it?

I'm calling b&. If you never asked her out, you have no reason to be this depressed unless you're well under the age of 16.
>>
>>16896091
Never asked her out becuase im a virgin idiot who took way too long to make a move and lost his chance. And it was getting tossed aside what else would you call talking to me until she found a guy she really liked? Using me?
>>
>>16896039
No I don't want to have a relationship anymore with her, it won't feel right, and I dont want to keep her around that much even if it goes sour because what happens with the next guy? Ill be on this board all over again complaining and asking for help
>>
>>16896416
I'm the same way OP. But I have no self-esteem and was diagnosed with severe anxiety (not social anxiety, its just anxiety which means my heart rate is consistently 120+ and I can't sleep, will have week long episodes where I zone out because of the stress, am on autopilot, engage in risky behavior to try to make myself feel something, extreme paranoia).

I've been talking to this girl for a year and a half now and were good friends I suppose. But I've always seen her as more than that. So now I'm working on my identity, self-image, and the like to see if I can be a man she wants.

I don't know what to do in the end though, if anything I'm more pathetic because of how clingy I can be.

I'm just a shit head OP. Sorry for derailing. Good luck.
>>
>>16896430
OP here buddy my advice for you especially this line

> So now I'm working on my identity, self-image, and the like to see if I can be a man she wants.

Don't try to be a man that she will like, you have to be a man that you will like. Women can tell self-confidence. If your happy with yourself then you can get any girl you want. Consider this what if you become the man you think she likes and she doesn't? you wasted all that time making a false identity for yourself to impress one girl when you can make your true identity and impress hundreds. Don't limit your horizons anon
>>
>>16896416
>And it was getting tossed aside what else would you call talking to me until she found a guy she really liked? Using me?

Have you ever had a friend who got into a serious relationship before? They stop talking to everyone you fucking idiot. Just because your dick is telling you that you want to fuck her doesn't make her any different from any of your guy friends who got into long term relationships.

Like I said, underageb&. You're either 14 or a really sad 20-something. Either way, b&
>>
>>16896545
Ok thats true and all but this isn't a serious relationship she hasnt even met the fucking guy yet dude, my problem is i've known her for 3 years and this random guy comes along and im nothing all of a sudden. I would understand if they actually were a couple or if they lived in the same fucking state but some random guy you talk online with? Nah thats something else
>>
OP,

Im sure you know this and I dont know why you are deluding yourself.

Why do you think she would want to fuck you if you have been her friend for years?

Why are you surprised that she doesnt have feelings for you if you have never shown her that you are a man, never asked to be respected as a man?

Id like to see you post answers to these questions so you and I can see that you know the answers, you know what you need to do if you want to find love.
>>
>>16896607
Listen I knew for a while that we weren't gonna be anything but honestly like 100% honest I was foolish and thought we could be friends, I thought I was mature enough to handle her having a relationship and not fall apart. I got greedy and stayed with her for too long even though I knew this would happen eventually, Seriously though I was perfectly fine being her friend I was perfectly fine knowing that I would never have a relationship with her I just really loved talking with her and hanging out with her. It just hurts knowing how easy I was to stop talking with for a random guy online it opened my eyes and made me realize that Im not mature enough to be her friend if I feel this way when something like this happens.

I did like her I really did, but I am not stupid, I don't make up fantasies because I am pretty self aware or things and knew that we would never be, but still a small part of me though maybe, just maybe one day it will change so I stayed. She opened my eyes honestly, knowing her and this happening changed me alot for the better in a way, but it still hurts me because I thought she felt the same way as I did not in a relationship love way but in a having alot of fun talking and sharing things with way, but I realized that I made all that up in my head the best thing that came out of this is now I understand alot more and won't make the mistake twice and hopefully I can be mature enough to come back one day and call myself her friend once more
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.