[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know a good credit card to apply for to start building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1443681906643.gif (422 KB, 273x333) Image search: [Google]
1443681906643.gif
422 KB, 273x333
Does anyone know a good credit card to apply for to start building credit? I don't have a credit score, but I was wondering which card would be good to apply for that will likely approve me. Any advice?
>>
>>16895992

zero credit isnt bad when applying for credit cards. they all build about the same. what you want is low itnerest rates.

if you are financially stable so much that you dont intend to actually use the credit card (as in, buying big purchases to slowly pay off) then i recommend a line of credit or credit card through your bank. its pretty handy and simple and easy to get approved becuase they have the fallback of your actual account.

but if you do plan to just buy shit and slowly pay it off DONT use a credit card through your bank. as they can simply automatically steal money out of your checking and/or savings account to make payments when you REALLY dont want them to do that
>>
Discover It
Chase Freedom
Card through your bank

Should get approval for any of these with zero credit history as long as you have a job.
>>
Bomp
>>
>>16896046

hey OP, instead of just saying 'bump' why not thank the people who offered advice, perhaps comment on it, and ask for other suggestions.

why would anyone want to give advice to someone who just ignores them?
>>
Any credit company will approve you if it's your first credit card. Just don't expect a crazy limit. You'll get around $1500 your first time, don't walk in asking for like $3-5000.

As far as carrying a balance goes, never do it. Anyone who tells you it's good for your credit score is a fucking moron. Use it for online purchases or bigger purchases but make sure you're able to pay off your balance at the end of the billing cycle.

At most, say if you buy a couch or something really expensive, make sure that you can pay it off within a few months, the longer you carry a balance, the worse off you'll be.
>>
>>16896061
Thanks.
>>
>>16895996
>>16896063
How long does it normally take after paying balances off to establish a score? 6 months? I don't plan on using a credit card much, maybe to pay off monthly phone bill?

>>16896013
Sounds good, thanks.
>>
>>16895996
Not OP, but I can't get a credit card through my bank (Chase) without established credit already. Any suggestions?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.