[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MPD/DID
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
(1/2)I need suggestions on how to handle my friend with dissociative disorder (and maybe schizophrenia) as well as my own feelings towards him.

I'm 30, female. He's 25, FTM. I've been friends with him for almost 4 years. I've been through some shit and have been in multiple mental health institutions through my life, where I had been abused and starved. Him and me have always gotten one well, and we've always helped each other through things. However, the past 3 months or so, he's been very catty to me about my mental illnesses and seems to constantly put me down, telling me that what I have been through and the troubles I face is no where near as bad as being trans. It doesn't seem to stick to him when I try to tell him that pain is not a competition.

It has also started around the time that he started smoking weed every night.

I have been Pagan for many years, and so has he. I'm very spiritual, and I believe in past lives and spiritual energy stuff. My friend and I often do tarot and other divination reading, meditation, etc.

He offered spoke of a "curse" he had that made him live life in this body that doesn't belong to him. He talks about how he had to grow up as a "doll" and pretend to be someone else. I took this as a metaphor and an energy feeling to explain his feelings of being born female.

But it seems he literally believes this, and last night I found him speaking in tongues in a trance, where he claimed it was an ancient language that his dragon-god self - true form was talking. His voice and vocabulary had shifted, and he was going on about how hard it is to be in this body since he's used to having wings, tail, and horns. It was really pissing me off, because I felt like I was with a child playing pretend.
>>
>I need suggestions on how to handle my friend with dissociative disorder (and maybe schizophrenia) as well as my own feelings towards him

Stopped reading there. Don't. Fone sane friends, stop hanging out with him entirely, and remember to burn that bridge to the ground.

Protip: been there done that.
>>
(2/2)
I kind of just shut down and ignored him while he went on about hating humans and being trapped in the doll body. Eventually he noticed me not responding, and I just told him I didn't feel well. This prompted him to "chanel someone else" to be in control so that I would be "more comfortable". He "channeled" this other god who is female and goddess of true justice. Again his tone and vocabulary changed. He key trying to talk to as her, and I was getting annoyed, but I was trying to be a friend in realizing that he seriously has a mental illness going on here and can't help it. Eventually I said I wanted to sleep.

This morning he comes downstairs saying, "I can't go to work. I don't have the patience to deal with humans today." Then he started saying that he has to find an item that will break the curse so that I'm more receptive and comfortable around the others living inside his body.

I'm not sure how to act or what to say. He doesn't believe in mental illness, and legit believes everything is metaphysical or supernatural that people just can't understand. I also hate the it's pissing me off, since I've been around people who are mentally ill before and I have always tried to help them and be a friend for them. So why am I feeling angry towards a friend I've been with for 4 years? I know if I tell him that 90% of this stuff is not real, he will flip at me, and I don't want to lose him as a friend... As he has always said he doesn't like being around "non believers".
>>
>>16895942

*find same friends
>>
>>16895944

**find sane friends

Fucking autocorrect you can fix beiigninf to beginning, but fuck you mess me up.
>>
>>16895944
>>16895948
No. I dislike the idea of abandoning people who suffer from mental illness. I have mental illness myself, and I know what that is like. We should show people with mental illness the same compassion we do for physical illness. I'm not going to be so selfish.
>>
>>16895959

Or burden yourself with someone else's mental illness. Whatever gives you the biggest erection.
Honestly you'll feel a lot better if you lighten the load on your life desu, senpai.
>>
>>16895959
Please assess your delusions.

>tarot cards
>pagan
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.