[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
therapist trouble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1450093443262.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1450093443262.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
I know you guys like giving heartfelt advice and I need some.

> be me
> 17
> taking care of house, 6 and 7 year old siblings
> also taking care of 13 year old that comes from an abusive house
> have depression and anxiety like no other
> get overwhelmed
> parents don't come home from work until 8 pm and leave at 4 am
> have a mental breakdown
> attempt suicide
> mom finds out
> get hospitalized
> hospital is poppin with kids under 18, the youngest two are nine
> every five days a bunch are discharged even if their problem hasn't been fixed
> have birthday in hospital
> for most of them it was their second or third time being hospitalized
> two weeks later I get discharged
> I'm put on some small doses of lithium and lexipro
> they work for like five days
> older sister tells me that only weak people commit suicide
> her definition of "weak people" is "shouldn't have been born"
> timetodie.jpg
> mom constantly has me under watch
> somebody is always here
> months pass
> I get a counselor
> tell counselor that I feel like shit
> blood is tested
> my lithium level is 0.2 and I tested positive for RA
> fucking losing it
> call me therapist and she says I'm probably just not taking my meds
> she hangs up
> halfway through meds
> mom makes sure to order them
> therapist refuses to order more meds
> mom's pissed
> go to family doctor
> she uses her magic to get my meds
> I only have about ten days worth but it's still good
> today I'm seeing my therapist or one of her assistants
> forgot to mention that I've never really talked to or seen my therapist
> I'm hoping it's her

What should I do? We have a dog that sheds a lot so I want to take his hair and spread it around her office.
>>
>>16895675 hum... What?

Brother you make 0 sense
>>
This situation is ALL sorts of fucked up.

First, you don't need fucking pills to help your depression - these meds usually cause more harm than they do good. Depression - your depression - is very specifically a response to your stressful home environment.

What's worse is all this hospitalization, meds, extended stays, etc are probably going to make the home situation worse, rather than better. You need to treat the disease (your situation), not the symptom (depression).

What you should be doing is finding some sort of social network for support to help you take care of your family while your parents can't. Extended family, friends, whoever. It sounds negligent as fuck by this hospital staff to put you in the situation that you're in (unless you're still a danger to yourself, which, it does not seem like that's the case).

Go home, talk with your parents about your situation, find real solutions instead of pharmaceutical ones.
>>
>>16895724
my parents aren't really here and each time I try to mention it just starts the same argument over and over again.My moms parents never cared for her and they find us as embarrassments. My dad stays away from his parents due to the fact that grandpa used to be an alcoholic. He's gotten better now and I really want to help but I'm afraid of dad. He's always been emotionally abusive and has come close to being physical. I really want to move out but I'm worried about the kids.

All in all I'm afraid of making it worse, so I just hope the meds will at least take the suicidal thoughts away.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.